Saturday, October 20, 2012

Religion


Today my son was talking about gad with me and all of a sudden asked me, "Mom, What is your religion?" I paused for a moment and replied, "I am a god believer, I believe in core moral values such as honesty, integrity, Helping others, being peaceful,…I think these values are common between all religions so I think I do not have a specific religion. He nodded and said, "That sounds cool."
I told him you are free to choose any religion you want when you are a grown up or just be a god believer like me.
It took me a long time for me to get to this point in my life and be in peace with my own personal beliefs!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Great question of your son. Did he understand integrity? Many people don't.

But your son can choose when he's grown up, doesn't that mean that you have to give him the power to make his choice introducing all the religions with him? Than he'll discover that the god, the intentions behind the concept, is often the same but that daily practice might be different.

I like your post, I respect your thoughts. Take care Ocean.

12:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home