Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Nowruz

Today is the 12th day of Persian New Year. We survived the whole winter without any cold or flu
But right on the first day of Persian New year we got sick one after another and missed the Nowruz party too, it was a Nasty sickness especially for me. I hope the rest of the year is not like that. For us that live abroad the calendar is the west Calendar and although we celebrate our own New Year too but still the real New year wanting it or not is the west New Year. For immigrants from our generation every thing is mixed up and  not quite in its own place. I think this applies to the first generation of any immigrants from any nationality. You get sometimes lost between your own culture and your adopting country's culture! No matter how much you try to adjust and balancr your life. I think deep inside especially for us Iranians every once in while we wish every thing was better in iran and there was more freedom and comfort and we could live in the country that we have roots in! But thank god that I have a good life in my new adopting country and we can freely celebrate whatever we want here. Freedom is a big advantage in life that I personally appreciate snd cherish a lot.

Happy Nowruz (Persian New Year)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home