Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving

It is another Thanksgiving again tomorrow. This is my 13th Thanksgiving in this country. I moved to US right after Thanksgiving in 1998. Time flies. I think moving to U.S. was one of the best decisions that I have ever made in my life. At least I think it was a great decision at this moment. I am thankful for so many things in my life but most of all for my two beautiful children. The love I get from them is not comparable to anything in this world. Parenting is hard and challenging but it is worth it for sure.

We are invited to Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow at my husband's cousin's house. She always throws thanksgiving party and hopefully I can go to shopping on black Friday with my mom. I know this Thanksgiving is not easy for some families, the ones in need and out of work. I hope that next year to be a better year and economy gets better.

I am worried about Iran too. I think the time of this regime is up but I hope there won't be another war. If President Obama gets re-elected, he will do something about Iran but not by war, at least that's what I think but if Republicans get the White house, most probably there will be another war. They love war.

I truly hope that god helps Iranian people and people all around the world.
Happy Thanksgiving to whoever that celebrates it. Even if you do not celebrate Thanksgiving, think about things that you are thankful for and let go of the things that makes you upset or worried. Remember that God is greater than what we think and he is in charge

2 Comments:

Blogger Nene said...

happy thanks giving ocean joonam i hope you had tones of fun tomorrow!! and good luck on black friday :)) did you hear best buy has this 42inch flat screen Tv only for $1.50? i heard it on the radio today its crazy!! they said people already camping in front of best buy stores!!!

9:14 PM

 
Blogger Jan said...

Congrats with your anniversary. I'm glad to hear from you every now and then. It's like a radio play in which you can feel something is happening. But really life is happening. It's not the moment in which something happens, it's the period of years which makes your life visible. Your ocean of life.
Hopefully you can get your stuff on black Friday (if it is on November 25, hope you got it).
The situation in the middle east is getting worse every day. It's different than I hope for in early spring, in March and April there was a fire in the people's hearts.
People should re-unite and use a battering-ram to tear the regimes down. Make them weak by protesting in the streets like the Egyptians do on Tahrir square. Well, just a thought.

I do hope that the Iranian people don't suffer under their regime like the Syrians do.
Hopefully it gets better someday. In the thirties of the 20th century it got better. But we needed a war against nazi Germany.
Now we need a war against environmental pollution.

3:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home