Monday, September 06, 2010

schools

-Schools have started in our School district from last Monday. My older son is in Second grade now.
I have put my little one who is 2.7 years old now in pre-school since Monday as well. Monday and Tuesday I took off from work and went with him to pre-school for couple of hours so he gets used to the environment but since Wednesday he is on his own. He does not like to get separated from me in the morning and cries but teachers told me after half an hour he feels better and starts playing. Poor thing, he is having hard time but I think he gets used to it and it is good for him to be around other kids. My Mom was very tired recently and I could tell that she wanted to be free of babysitting. She volunteered to pick the little one and older one from school in the afternoon so they would not be at school for long hours which is great. Thank god that my mom is here and is so helpful.

-I got a bad news from one of my close friends, she has got breast cancer. She had operation last Monday but the Pathology result says that the cancer is a progressive one so she should have another operation and radiation afterwards. I am so sad for her. She is a sweetheart and I always feel so close to her. I hear lots of people get cancer these days and I think it is all because of our stressful lives. They say the first reason for getting cancer is stress which makes the immune system weak and let cancerous cells attack our body easily and just grow! I recently try to avoid stress but sometimes it is hard to avoid it. My friend is one of those people who always eat healthy and exercise but she had a stressful job and recently lost her job and she was very stressed. I truly hope that she gets better, please pray for her especially if you are reading this post and you are on fast due to Ramadon.

8 Comments:

Anonymous nirvana said...

I pray for her and I hope that she will better soon.then don't worry.

4:02 AM

 
Blogger Jan said...

I hope she will be strong. Please give her support Ocean. I know you can and I know she needs.

take care

1:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ocean
I hope and pray for your friend that will better'in this peacful
month( Ramazan Mobarak)
take care
Ahmad-Ashkavand

1:23 AM

 
Anonymous Mayra said...

When I read, your little sun is already 2.7, got surprised. To me it was like last year that you gave birth to your second child. This is our age, passes like wind.

Hope your friend gets better soon and pray deeply for her.

Wish u all the best with new school season

Cheers,

5:56 AM

 
Anonymous Mayra said...

I meant your Son! :-)

5:58 AM

 
Blogger Ocean said...

Thank you all for your kindness. I visited my friend and she is acting strong. Should go through another operation but hopefully be all fine again soon.

By the way Jan, I cannot leave you any comment any more... but like the new look of your blog!

7:27 PM

 
Blogger Jan said...

dear Ocean,
It's good to hear that you visited your friend. But please don't forget her visiting again after a while when things seems to go well. Often then people will be forgotten when they need the attention most.

Thanks for your compliment. I adjusted the setting for the comments. So you might comment if you feel to.

2:43 PM

 
Blogger Nene said...

ocean joonam happy new schoool year to the boys and i wish luck for both of them:))
i am sorry about your friend,, i hope she gets better , i am hapopy you said she is strong and hopeful i hope she gets well soon
i always read your blog most of the time at my lunch hour at work! but i cant leave a comment sometimes:) thats why i am always late
take care azizam

9:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home