Monday, November 22, 2004

Being Grateful

I had a forwarding email from a friend that was a picture of a child in Sudan. The picture was taken in 1994 and photographer won the Pulitzer Prize for it. The picture showed a child who was dying from starvation.

I was so sad to see that. I hope god forgives all of us because of our ignorance towards the world, towards the starved kids. I feel so ashamed of myself. I buy Lotto ever Friday and dream about what I will do if I ever win the Lotto. I already have won the Lotto, having a decent life in one of the best parts of the earth. Shame on me, when I am sitting at my desk and sipping my hot coffee and dream about being rich lots of people are dying from starvation, bombs, … I should be more and more grateful for what I have in life.

I read somewhere that “ The rich person is the one who wants less” that is absolutely true.

I pray from bottom of my heart that god helps all poor people and we can have a better world with more justice!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home