Monday, November 01, 2004

Halloween

Yesterday was Halloween. I remember my first Halloween was so exciting to me, I dress up as Cleopatra and got lost of complements! Second year we went to a big Iranian party and I dressed up as a devil but from third year on I was not that excited to dress up, but I like Halloween any way.
This year I did little Halloween decoration in the house for the first time. I think the reason is I have a little one at home now and Halloween is mostly for kids. Although he does not understand Halloween now but it was fun to have some decorations.

The interesting thing is here in US stores start selling stuff for every occasion at least two months in advance so they can get people into the mood of the specific occasion and sell more! Every thing is about money here! But I should admit that it is fun too, they make money and people have some fun time that’s a good trade!!

Last night me and my husband were so lazy to take our son to trick or treat (kids go to door to door and ring the bell and ask for trick or treat, if the person wants to do trick they scare a way the kid or the person who rang the bell or they treat them with candy. No one of course trick little kids.) Any way since there are lots of kids in our neighborhood we had lots of kids ringing our doorbell, I had lots of candy ready for them, they were all so cute and polite. I told my husband we should take our little one for the trick or treat too. It will be a new experience for him and he finally got over his laziness. I dressed him up as Blue (the dog cartoon character) and we took him door to door and he had so much fun collecting candy, although he won’t have any of it!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

ust remember to vote. And don't look at the situation in The Netherlands.

12:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home