Monday, September 27, 2004

Being Positive

Yesterday afternoon my husband and me decided to go for a walk by the beach with baby. It was a nice afternoon and Ocean was as beautiful as ever. We talked about every thing and I started complaining about my job and telling him that being on 12th floor very close to top management is making me uncomfortable, especially on Friday afternoon we had a meeting with our boss and she was telling us to keep it as quite as possible and this and that! She is too conservative!

My husband listened to me and said: "Just try to be more positive and grateful, you have very good job. Lots of people envy you because of that. We are healthy, we have a wonderful baby, nice house and we both have good jobs. Why shouldn’t be thankful for that, we should appreciate what we have and enjoy our life as much as we can".His simple words shook me for a second and I thought to myself that he is right; I am not really as much grateful as I should be. I should be more positive and look at the full part of the glass. Nobody has a perfect life but we all can make the best of it. I hope I can stay positive and don't forget theses good thoughts in couple of days and start complaining about something else. I really need to practice on being more positive in my life! I am wondering if this is a cultural problem, when I compare majority of our people and myself to Americans ( I do not have that much experience about Europeans but I think they are happy people too), I see they are a lot more positive and happy than us. They always look for excuses to celebrate and have fun, but in our culture and our country we usually look for excuses to morn and be sad! I think this is one of the reasons that western people in general have better life than us (Eastern people). They are happier and more positive!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home