Monday, September 13, 2004

Family issue

I had kind of rough weekend again! It started from Friday afternoon that my husband started the discussion about our son’s sleeping habit these days. Since he has been teething recently I go to his room to comfort him whenever he cries and try to put him in sleep and then go back to our bedroom, he has got used to it now and does not want to go back to his own bed and wants to sleep with me on the ground ( I try to put him back to sleep on the ground and then put him back in bed, actually this was my mom’s idea, so I would not lean over her bed all the time to put him in sleep) any way he was saying that we did the wrong thing and this kid has no discipline and this and that. I got mad at him and said I should wake up at 6:00 am to go to work, how you expect me to act, be awake all night and lean over his bed? My Mom got upset too, she said what ever happens is my fault because I take care of him during the day, you guys think I am spoiling him. Any way my husband left for grocery shopping and now was my Mom’s turn to complain about my husband, I was really angry and yelled (I know that did the right thing) Mom why you always keep complaining about him specially when I am angry, Don’t you think this will affect our marriage, when I am already mad at him and you keep saying negative things about him, this just makes every thing worse. Now she got upset. God it was such a disaster! My brother arrived with his daughter for visiting and my Mom left with them without saying a word. I really do appreciate my mom’s help and I am sure my husband does as well, but the thing is she sometimes just keeps criticizing my husband and does not think that this is not really good for our marriage. I have tried to make her understand several times that I know his faults, every body has faults but be reminded about them all the time is not good for our marriage, but every time she gets upset and says I can never talk to you and this and that.

Any way she left and I called her and tried to explain things for her. My husband called too and apologized and said he did not mean bad and he appreciates her help a lot.

Now I am thinking may be I should put my son in day care earlier than I thought, may be it is not really such a good idea to have parents or in laws more than one month at your place when you are married. Always something comes up and after a while it is hard to control every thing. The funny thing is my brother just called me and said you should rent an apartment for our Mom (she has a house in Iran and stays here 6 months per year but this time stayed longer because of my son) so she can take care of your son and there won’t be any problem any more. I told him you live in this country, you know it will cost me at least $2000 per month to rent a place for her and provide every thing, do you think I am that rich?? Any way the bottom line is some times you see that your own blood family really don’t understand you and your situation so how you expect others to understand it??

1 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Real good story

9:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home