Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Long weekend

It was a 3 days long weekend, because yesterday was Labor day in US. Even Labor Day is different here, in most of the countries in the world
They celebrate first day of May as Labor Day and here is the first Monday of September. I think American like to be different and in this way they always have a long weekend as Labor Day weekend that is more convenient for people. Any way I was looking forward to it but it was not as fun as I expected, thanks to my son who is teething now and wakes up at least two times a night I could not sleep well on Friday night. I was cranky on Saturday morning and then I had a fight with my husband on a stupid thing, sometimes he becomes very unreasonable! So the Saturday was ruined and Sunday was So-So, I wasted some time to go to the Mall (Shopping center) and buy nothing, and at night my husband's friend pushed us to go to an Iranian show by Parviz Kardan, the show was not really good and it was too long,
When we got home it was almost 1:00 am and now my son was up in my Mom's arm and did not want to go back to sleep. I had a hard time putting him back to sleep again. On Monday morning I woke up tired but decided not to be cranky! I always envy people that can just sleep 4-5 hours and still feel fresh and happy. If I sleep less than 7-8 hours (when I was single it was 9-10 hours) I really feel tired. We were invited to my friends house for an early dinner, going to their house is about 1 hour and 15 minutes trip, the traffic was so bad and it took us about 2 hours to get there and I was already regretting to accept her invitation on such a day!!
The weekend that I looked forward to it ended at 11:00 pm and I felt it was too short and was not that fun! Next time I should plan it better.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Hi Ocean, be strong as mothers always are...in fact everywhere mothers are the most strong humans... not the fathers. But try to understand him, the man... he will be of some importance for your son.
Concerning Labor day ... it's the American way of thinking... a long weekend off is better than a few seperate days free because the factory machines do need a lot of energy to start up.

1:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home