Friday, April 29, 2005

Talked to my Mom

I called my Mom today. Since she has gone back to Iran I talk to her 2 to 3 times a week and it make me feel really good. We keep each other updated on news and gossips! She has decided to move to US. She is planning to rent a place and start a new life here, which will be great for her and me both. I love to have her here but she should be independent and have her own privacy in this way she will never feel that she is extra person in my house or my brother’s house and she will save her pride and respect. When I see my mother-in-law and how she has been disrespected I feel truly sorry for he. She is although %100 responsible for that. She can buy or rent a place here and be independent as well but she wants to be at her sons houses so she can observe things and interfere, … Any way this is a good lesson for all of us at least for me that never live a life to be dependent on my son and never expect too much from him. I think that’s a weak part of our (Iranian) culture that when we get old we expect too much from our kids, regardless of their life style and situation. It is very nice to take care of parents as much as we can but bottom line is every one needs privacy and independency! I do not agree to put parents in nursery or any thing like that when they get old but it is good for them to live by their own in their own place as far as they can handle it, but I don’t like to put my Mom or even my mother-in-law in nursery so I get rid of them I think that is cruel, although some old people in US or Europe prefer that but it’s too much for our culture! I think any one should have plan for retirement time, unfortunately most of Iranians do not have such a plan and they end of living with their own kids even if they can be on their own and after a while every one gets frustrated and a bad situation comes up. I really wish I can live as far as I can take care of myself and be on my own!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ocean joon bazam khoshvaghtam az ashnaiet boos boos.
Violet

2:01 AM

 
Blogger Jan said...

good inside story about your feelings.

glad you're so open minded.

3:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home