Sunday, April 03, 2005

In- Laws

I am very upset tonight. My mother in law is with us since 2 weeks a go and she has extended her staying at our place for couple more days. They are three brothers but they are always too clever about thses kind of things whenever is a weekend, holiday or any kind of occasion they just pass her here. I tell my husband every thing should be equal she should stay at any one's house for one week and by the plan no surprise but he gets upset and says she is just an old lady, whay you are mean! I don't know since when being fair means mean. God, I wish I did not have any in-laws. Since we are married I have always suffered because of his family, they are very rude, very much expectant and they do not do Sh... for you. Just expecting and expecting. My Mother in law knows she is not welcome in any son's house but she really does not care she thinks it is our duty to serve her any way! she is so rich back in Iran she can buy a place here easyliy but her problem is that she does not want to touch her money! I am amazed that this woman does not have any pride!

I just want my husband to understand me more. He said tonight that your Mom was here too. Poor my Mom she satyed here to take care of my baby so I could go back to work. She was helping us like a maid. This is so un fair. Some times I just want to get a way from all this shit. If I did not have my son I would.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Hi Ocean,

I wonder what is your real name, That can't be Ocean.
The ocean stands for the beautiful views on the Pacific, the ocean between America and your country of origin. Maybe even the huge gap between your mother in law and you.

In the years after my accident from which I recovered, I find pleasure in small things. A simple cup of coffee in the sun, boats passing by, snow that comes down and on those moments I don't need people around me. But everyone needs someone. You got your son. I'm happy for you he gives you joy. But he needs a dad and maybe you need a husband. You are an emancipated woman. Why don't you say to your mother in law to help more, to take care of the household a little.
I don't know how the relation between you husband and his mother is. How he grew up. Is he the oldest? Maybe your husband can't deny his mother like his brother do. Maybe your mother in law misuses that?

Well I don't know and I don't want to interfere. Know that you are an emancipated woman who has to deal with 2 cultures. That isn't easy.
Be a proud woman, Ocean, because you bear 2 worlds on your shoulders. And those women are possibly the strongest human beings on this world.

2:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home