Sunday, February 20, 2005

Party

we have another long weekend this week. Tomorrow is president day. It is raining all the time. We never had this much rain in California before. I don't know what people do in the cities that it rains all the time, it is boring and depressing you cannot do much in a rainy day!

We had about 20 guests last nigh, all of my husbands close friends with their families. Persian parties is all about work for the host, most of us obligate ourselves to have at least 3 different dishes and making each one needs at least half day of preparation! Just imagine having these kinds of parties especially when you a baby at home. I have already told my husband when my mom leaves I cannot throw any big party. I really don't have time and energy for that. He loves having people over all the time. I wish he were more Americanized after living in this country over 20 years!! The point is you yourself do not enjoy the party while you are all the time serving and worrying about every thing. We really make every thing complicated. Americans at least those that I know do not bother about having these kind of parties the maximum they do is inviting couple of friends have some sausage or stake to barbecue and some drinks, every body helps himself and that's about it! That’s the way it should be simple but joyful!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Hi ocean,

You got a long weekend. I just had one too
You got president day, we got your president ;)
You got much rain, we got sunshine
You've got a big party. I don't have one. (mainly because I don't have that many friend and I don't like to be the center of it)

However I can understand your husband as well as you.
It must be hard times for you without your mother's help.
You're quite right to tell that you can't cope with the parties without your mother's help.

I hope you stay on speaking terms and wish you all wishdom you need.

GReetz from sunset Holland, Jan

9:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home