Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Valentine's Day

Two days ago was Valentine’s Day although they say it is a commercial day for the businesses and restaurants, which I somehow agree with it, but I like the day anyway. It is a good excuse to have some fun. This year was our sixth Valentine together actually we got engaged on Valentine’s Day in 2000. So it always brings me good memories. We went to our favorite Japanese restaurant, one of those that they make food in front of you so you can see what you are really eating!!
I heard that it has become very common to celebrate it in Iran too. I guess poor young people are looking for any excuse to have some celebration and fun and if it is westernized they show it off more to make the government authorities more upset!

I heard and saw in news that there has been a very heavy snow in Tehran although it looks beautiful when it snows there, but it has created lots of hassles for people. When I saw some pictures of snow from Pahlavi Street (the largest street in Tehran full of trees) I really missed it. It is over 6 years that I have not seen any snow. Sometimes I really miss Iran, miss the people and miss the culture! I remember that whenever it was snowing at night we used to pray to have a heavy snow so we could be off of school and go to the street with other kids and make the snowman. The joy that I felt on snowing days that I was off of the school is one of the enjoyments that I never forget in my life! As soon as I would hear from radio that schools were off I would scream and call my friends to share the joy and set up time to go out and play! God, childhood is so good and fun! No responsibility, no worries! I know it is not like that for every child and some poor child should even make money for the parents but I am talking about the lucky ones like myself!

Here is a link to the pictures of Tehran with heavy snow. Enjoy!

http://www.tehran24.com/photos/index.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home