Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Birthday is close!!

I will be 32 on Friday. I can not believe it, I remember when I was for example 16.5 I would say I am 17 until I became 22 and after that I would not add up my age until the very birthday day. The thing is I still don’t feel like 32, sometimes I don’t believe that I am married and I have a son. I think I am dreaming! It was just yesterday that I was 18 years old and I thought I could make every thing happen for myself! The more we get older the more we realize that reality is so far from dreams. Although I made some of my dreams happen but of course not all of it. I don’t think there is any body on earth that could make all his dreams happens. The thing is sometimes those dreams are not even good for us to happen! Like you loved someone at that age and you wanted to get married to that person so bad but it did not happen and it was good for you!
I am not sure if I would go back what I would change in my life, there are mistakes that I am sure I would avoid them but may be all those mistakes made me the person that I am today. Not like I am a great person now but at least have some values for myself.
I need lots of improvements and one of the things that I learned as I grew older was knowing myself better and knowing my faults better! If I want to list my faults, which really need improvements, the list would be something like this, I write it here so I remember them better:
1-Impatiant, I really need to be more patient!
2-Gets angry fast, I should manage my anger more, although I am better these days but has room to improve!
3-Let negative things and negative thoughts go, be more positive!
4-I am judgmental about people that I dislike, I should be fairer about the people that I don’t like!
5-Be more humble about certain things, I am a humble person in lots of ways but sometime snobbish about some few things!
These are the major faults that I can think of right now. If you had asked me about my faults when I was just 20 years old, I could not list them at all!! So getting older is a good thing!!
Finally I must admit that I am a lucky person and I am living a good life, despite my faults, god has been kind to me. I should just remember that years are flying (after 30 it flies faster) and I should make the best of it!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are always so thought-provoking! I hope other readers, like me, take the time to stop and think about the ideas you are expressing here.

I think that's true, about not considering your faults seriously until you are older - probably when you are more able to be reflective and see things from a wider perspective.

The only real fault you listed, that I would worry about, is not being more positive. I think it's more healthy to be positive. The other things you consider faults sound like things most people could work on - i.e. part of being human!!!!! (Heee-heee.)

But yes, alas, we are so carefree when we are young. I sometimes wonder how I could have been a goofy teenager. Of course I didn't think I was goofy, because my friends and I were chock-full of Very Serious Thoughts. But our serious thoughts change as we grow older, I think, which should encourage us, because it means we are still learning. We even learn from each other...for example, when reading blogs...

And yep, it's true, time flies faster and faster the older you get. But you're still quite young, from my viewpoint!!! You are a very mature and thoughtful almost-32, which is a blessing for you. I think it helps you to notice and enjoy the good things in life. May you have a beautiful birthday!

9:08 AM

 
Blogger Jan said...

hi Ocean,

Thanks for your comments again.

Maybe you should ask yourself too what you want to preserve about yourself. I mean this in a positive way.

take care and have a good weekend!

3:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home