Sunday, July 31, 2005

A fun night

It is a Persian culture to throw party for newly weds. Usually close family like parents, sister or brother,... throw party some time after the wedding and this party is called "pagosha".
Any way last night we were invited to the "pagosha" for my brother-in-law thrown by the bride's sister it was in a very nice Persian restaurant in Orange County. Although my Mom was invited too but she said that she would stay home and take care of my son (I don't get baby sitter for my son when we are invited at a place far from home). My husband and me went to the party and it was more fun than we thought. I had not drunk for a while so I complemented myself to three Cosmopolitan!! It was tasty and I went for it, any way it made me feel like when I was not a mother and was a party girl!
They had DJ and belly dancer, A beautiful blond belly dancer (Arabic dancer)!! all men got very excited and she got lots of tip!! What she really deserved, she danced very nice too.
We all danced a lot and enjoyed the night! It was a while that I had not have so much fun, because if I take my son to a party I am all the time running after him, if I don't take him and bring a baby sitter at home, I am worry all the time and check my phone very often but last night I knew my son was in a good hand and Cosmopolitan did a good job to calm me down!!

I am throwing "Pagosh" next week at our place for them but we won't have a belly dancer, may be we should fake it ourselves!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

I've been to a Maroccan wedding party once. There was a belly dancer too. One of the bride's friends. Europeans don't know how to react. I don't know the meaning of it.
Maybe you can tell me?

5:49 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great writing skills! You should submit an article to this baby sitter site.

11:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home