Monday, June 13, 2005

Tension

I was still in my angry/upset mood today when I came to work. The very bad thing about me is when I get really pissed off it takes time for me to get back on my normal mood again. I should pass the anger stage, which can take couple of hours to couple of days depending on the situation.
The thing that made me angry yesterday may sound childish, may be I should write about it to get over it. My mother-in-law invited herself to come and stay with us last Thursday; she is planning to stay at least until the end of this week. As usual when she come she says stuff and do things that makes me uncomfortable. Yesterday was my sister-I-law’s graduation, she got a degree after 8 years of going to school full time!! She is a rude, moody person. I always took all her rude actions but this year when I sent her Happy birthday present and she did not even call or email to say thank you and complained to my mother-in-law about the quality of my present (very childish!!) I thought that’s it! I am not going to her graduation party!

Any way I told my husband that I was not going with them and I would take my son to my brother’s new house to visit them and see the new place and he agreed. My husband and my mother-in-law were leaving the house at the same time that I was heading to my brother’s place. I decided to take a wine since I had not yet got any present for their house. As soon as my husband saw the wine in my hand, he said, “This is an expensive wine! Take something else!” he is not a cheap, stingy person at all and every time we go to any body’s house even a simple visit he gets something to take. I was already upset because of some of his mom’s comments earlier, I got really angry I left the wine on the ground and said” you get every one something even for a simple visit and now telling me not to take a wine to my brother’s house?” I know I was a little bit loud but his response was worse than my reaction. He said” you are acting like that because my Mom is here, wait until your mom comes and I will do the same thing to you”. I got really upset because it was not his first time to threaten me to treat my Mom bad if I don’t put up with all the B.S. of his family. I don’t want to make his mom devil and my Mom angle but My Mom helped us a lot, if it wasn’t because of her help I could not go back to work or I should have put my baby in day care in a very early age. She helped us with every thing from moving to taking care of the baby to managing the house when I was busy with work and now he was threatening me to treat my mom badly. I could not take it, how he can easily forget all her care and love, although she has her own faults. It was so cruel and childish to me at the same time.
Any way we were in peace mode for a while and now every thing is in tense mode again. I am not saying that I am right and he is wrong we are both wrong and having In-laws around, my side or his side is a big challenge for our relationship. Whenever is just 3 of us we are fine and in a good mood but as soon as his mom is here or sometimes when my Mom was here we both get defensive and unreasonable.

He tried to talk to me this morning and calm me down but we ended up fighting again. When I get mad as I said madness stays with me for a while!


Anyway after carrying all these anger this morning to work. I focused on my work (I am good at it, I can easily distract from all thoughts and just work) until noon then went to Gym in my lunch break, which helped me a lot.

I heard two interesting news in the afternoon:

1-Sean Penn has traveled to Iran as a journalist for presidential election, which was really surprising. He is a very good actor and I am a fan of him but I never knew that he is interested in politics especially in Middle East!! Now I admire him even more.

2-Micheal Jackson is not guilty after all! I really don’t know if he was guilty or not but I know something that if you are rich and you hire a Million dollar Lawyer in this country you can manipulate law and justice!!!!!!!!

Now at this time of the night I feel better, on my way home this afternoon I thought to my self that I should stop acting all angry and upset, that won’t do any good to me.
I played the most of evening with my son and had few words with my husband! That’s married life one day you are happy next day angry and then you have no way out rather than at least try to be happy again!

That was a long story for just one day. Wasn’t it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Problems always seem to be with in-laws. Even when they are all nice and like each other, there are times when one or another of the in-laws will make someone climb the walls. (All you have to do is look up 'mother-in-law' jokes on the Web...in-law problems must be universal!!!!)

The miracle is when people find each other and marry and have their own families despite in-laws!!!!!

10:10 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://zkezthie.com/ftul/equw.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://qzxxyzag.com/ncwy/xkfr.html]Cool site[/url]

5:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

5:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://zkezthie.com/ftul/equw.html | http://eryppkfc.com/ovtp/kmkq.html

5:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home