Wednesday, June 08, 2005

World cup

Football is so important for the most of countries in the world and is considered as a national game. I think US is the only country that majority of it’s people are not fan of this popular game. They even call it soccer!! They always want to be different, like Labor Day that most of the world celebrate the first day of May but here, they celebrate it the first Monday of September!! I myself think that the reason that they don’t let football/soccer get famous enough is, this game can create lots of unity between people and at the same time lots of enthusiasm, it is a game that has created big riots in countries like England and can become a political game too. US in general don’t like too much attention on some thing when it can lead to riot or any thing like that!! My husband believes they don’t promote Football that much because they cannot make that much money on it. They cannot stop the game and have advertisement in the middle of the game! They must wait at least 45 minutes!!

Anyway the world cup is close and there have been games between different groups of different countries to lead the best one or at least the winners to World cup 2006. In Iran Football is a very great deal although our government doesn’t like it that much too for the same reasons I mentioned before but they cannot stop people to be crazy about it. You see kids from very early ages play football in the streets, parks, schools, etc. Our team has been doing really good this year and they just won the game with Bahrain. That leads them to the world cup, which was the wish of millions of Iranians all over the world. The game with Bahrain was at 7:30 am today (Pacific time), my husband who is a very big fan of Football took off today to watch the game with his friends. I bet there has been a big celebration in Iran all over the cities. This is the only time that people can really celebrate; they can even dance in the street!! The last time that Iran team leaded to Word cup in 1998, I was still in Iran, I never forget that happiness and celebration in town, I was part of it myself. I wish I were in Iran this morning to celebrate with people. Poor our people, they don’t have much opportunity to celebrate and be happy!!

God bless Iran national Football team!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Hi Ocean... nice review on football.. So you are a little bit a fan too?
Here in my country the worldchampionships for players under 20 will start Friday June 10, in my home town. It will be a big event.
Unfortunately I'll be on vacation else I would like to see some teams.

bye, Jan

2:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home