Tuesday, July 05, 2005

4th of July Weekend

We had a very busy 4th of July weekend. It was my brother-in-law’s wedding on Sunday. He is 47 years old and he was never married before because he was so picky and nobody was good enough for him! My mother-in-law had so much dream and hope for his future wife, you could tell that she wanted a daughter-in-law better than me and the other daughter-in-law, because this was her favorite son and the oldest. Any way my brother-in-law met a lady who was married before with 10-year-old daughter. She is not that pretty and not really educated, not I really care. I believe if two people really love each other it does not matter if one of them was married before or had a child, but this was not what the mother wanted for the son!
However in our culture back in Iran if a woman was married before and especially has a kid does not arrange a big wedding party for the second time they usually celebrate the marriage in a small, informal party, but since Iranians living abroad especially in US have changed a lot they had a big formal party with 250 guests in very expensive hotel! I myself like big parties but I am sure there have been lots of gossips behind this wedding.

I was lucky that my Mom was here and she helped me to pick a very nice dress, I should confess that I wanted to shine in this wedding, I know that is a weak point of mine but I wanted to give a good lesson to especially my in-laws so I bought a very beautiful dress and I had a perfect make up. I got so many compliments and I enjoyed them all (weak point again!!). The only bad part was my son being out of control for the ceremony I wanted him to be there in the afternoon for ceremony and I got him a very cute suit. Every one was impressed by his outfit but since he got too much attention, he became so out of control and wanted to destroy every thing so my mom that saw that I was very nervous and uncomfortable volunteered to take him home and come back for reception. She is always my rescuer! Any way I had baby sitter for him at night, my plan was putting him in sleep and then leave the house but he did not want to go to sleep, he felt that something was going on, I was so mad and my husband kept calling me and saying that every one was asking for me. He finally went to sleep at 9:00 pm, we got there at 9:30!
I had asked baby sitter to call if he woke up, she called me at 11:00 but made me sure that she could handle him. Any way half of my mind was at home all the way along in party but it was nice in overall. I think this is part of motherhood, but I never was this much stressed over any thing in my life except concur!!
I need to calm down more and just be more relaxed!! Every thing passes by fast and I should just try to be in control of my mind!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home