Monday, July 18, 2005

Life is not fair!

As I mentioned before there is a Persian radio station broadcasting from Los Angeles 24 hours. I like this station and listen to it usually in the morning on my way to work or in the afternoon on my way back home. This Morning part of the news was about Akbar Gangi (the political prisoner, on Hunger strike for 37 days!) I am deeply sorry for what he is going through. It’s so unbelievable and cruel. They were saying that he finally was moved to hospital but the Tehran Prosecutor has said that he has eaten all this time! And there was no Hunger strike at all!! He is moved to hospital because he had problem with his feet!!
I am not that much of a political person but I really admire people like him who stand for their beliefs no matter what! I think may be just one in 10,000,000 has that much guts to stand for him self and freedom like that. Any way after the news the Morning performers who are pretty cool and nice were talking about vacation in summer time and mentioning the list of most fun places on earth for vacationing. Some people called and gave their opinions about the mentioned places. For a second I thought to myself, life is not fair at all, some people are just thinking about vacationing and fun which is absolutely their right and some people go on hunger strike for fighting for basic freedom! You cannot blame the ones that have fun and looking for fun because they have been lucky to have that opportunity in life but what about people that are banned from any fun any simple basic fun of life which is freedom, if we look at it closely we see that freedom of speech can be the minimum right that every human being should be born with it. Unfortunately there is a long way to reach the point that every one put foot to the life with freedom and equal rights and opportunity!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

What can I say Ocean? We can only try to make it fair.

8:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home