Saturday, August 13, 2005

The whole out-source issue is back again. About 6 months a go or so I wrote about outsourcing issue at work. They wanted to give all the IT projects to the contractors so we would work for contractors, after so many meetings and lots of stress that our unit went through they said it was not approved by state (I work for a government agency which works under the state of CA). Every one was relieved because we are all kind of settled in our jobs and the government befits are great. God knows how contractors would deal with us. Any way suddenly after Couple of months, they told us yesterday morning that State has approved the Outsource project and we will be all outsourced by January 2007.
I am not really stressed because it is possible that they change their mind again. Although it seems very serious this time but I don’t want to worry for the whole next year. I have just decided to go with the flow. I should keep my eyes opens on new opportunities but taking it easy! That’s life; every day things change and we cannot do much about certain things so stressing on them is waste of life!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Don't make it a problem when it's not one. Stay with your "commitment" from January 1.
And you're right keep an eye on opportunities, be flexible, also if that means go with the flow.
Not going with the flow means restistance, sometimes troubles, even if you're right. But the last thing is my experience.

1:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi dear Ocean
at least u have enogh income and job security. Unfortunately in Iran there is no job security. We work for government but we earn our pay (salary) from private company who was made just for this kind of income. It means that government pay money to this kind of companies and they discount 3 to 5 percent of any employer salary for themselves. And this is just because government doesn’t want to have any duty towards her employer. In Iran there is no any job security and enough income. I hope u understand me. My English is not very good
Kisses
Bye

1:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home