Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A grateful post!

We had a long weekend. Monday was Labor Day. Labor Day in US is different than the rest of the world. In most countries is on May 1st but here is the first Monday of September so people have a three days weekend! It was nice but hot!

I had a shock today when I was eating my lunch my cell phone rang and the ID caller was showing a number that I did not recognize. When I answered the phone there was a child with almost same voice as my son, he was just saying Mommy, Mommy with a teary voice. For a second I thought it was my son and the phone got disconnected I called back the number and now it was not answering, it was a male voice mail. You don’t know how many bad thoughts came to my mind right a way. I just thought some one kidnapped my son!!
I called his day care while I was shivering and my hand was shaking. The one minute that I was on hold until they transferred me to his classroom took like one year to me. I talked to the teacher and she said that he just had his lunch and is lying down for the nap. What a relief. Logically I knew it was impossible that someone could take him out of the school without me and my husband permission but when you are scared you lose your logic! I can completely understand the feeling of people that lose their kids. I think that is the worst thing that can happen to the parents! Thank god that it was just a misdial!

Oh I am so thankful that we are all safe and healthy! How we can forget about all the good things we have and nag about stupid things like my self over my last post.

I talked to my ex- co-workers that I am still in touch with them. Poor things, they are still up in the air they don’t know when they are going to be outsourced. My ex- boss is retiring on January 1st. So I have a feeling that the team won’t last more than the end of the year. I hope they offer them good options and they can find job in other departments so they won’t need to go to private section. Any way I feel so grateful again to be able to get my current job I know if I had stayed there I would go crazy! And on top of that I really like my job and am learning lots of new things.

God, thank you so much for all you have given me and forgive me for my ignorance towards all the prosperity that you have offered me in my life!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

سلام خانم گل.
پستت رو که میخوندم همین جوری هی چشمتم گرد و گرد تر میشد و اما خدا رو شکر که آخرش به خیر گذشت.
خدا نصیب هیچ مادر و پدری نکنه که بچه اشون رو بدزدن.
من واقعا وحشت دارم از این کار.خدا نصیب نکنه.
تو ولایت ما که یه غربیل جائه کسی از این کارا نمیتونه بکنه اما تو آمریکا که سر و ته نداره فقط خدا بایدبه آدم رحم کنه!!!میبوسمت و پسر نازت رو هم ببوس.

1:42 AM

 
Blogger Jan said...

Just a feeling of the death of my father, I can imagine your feeling. It's your child!!

About the Iranian visits, on my counter I got the possiblity to see where there're from.
- TCI Telecom Corp. of Iran, Iran -
can be mentioned as a provider.

have a nice week!

3:31 AM

 
Blogger mayra said...

The dear ones's lost is my nightmare

4:51 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when i read your previous post, i guessed those feelings would be changed soon.

2:29 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a bad shok! thank God that everything is alright:)

5:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. I am glad that everything is ok.

2. I won't say these accidents are lessons planed by God. Nonetheless, they are lessons if we want to learn something. Lessons for appreciating what we have: family, friends, health, and the list goes on and on.

3. and again I am glad that you feel much better now.

4:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home