Thursday, December 27, 2007

Getting bigger!

-We had a quite relaxing Christmas holiday. We have a nice tree and my son was expecting Santa clause to come at Christmas Eve and leave him presents. I already had bought some gifts for him and put it under the tree at night. When he woke up in the morning he asked me and dad if Santa had come the night before. We told him let’s go downstairs and see if he has come! He was happy to see his presents and was busy playing with each one for few hours.

-My tummy has grown very big and I am more tired these days, I still come to work because I rather take all my time off after delivery so I spend more time with baby. I will take 14 weeks off, but it is not enough! when we compare maternity benefits with European countries, ours is really bad. My work won’t pay me any thing except my vacation time and sick leave time which is about 8 weeks ( I have been saving my vacation and sick leave whole last year). I cannot get any thing from government because it will be a short term disability due to pregnancy and since the short term disability is not deducted from my paycheck due to my high classification at my work organization, I am not eligible to receive it. My cousin who lives in Norway is pregnant too; she will deliver her baby just three weeks earlier than me. She is staying home since the 6th month of her pregnancy and she can stay home 10 months after delivery fully paid!!!!! It is very obvious that we are living in total imperialism society!!
On the other hand US is a big country with 300,000,000 population, including different races and nationalities if they offer the benefits that is offered in some European countries here is US some certain groups and races want to bring child every year!!!!! But I believe that government could arrange benefits in a way that not every one could abuse it and deserved people could receive it!!
Any way US is a country of opportunities and you can grow here very fast but on the other hand you have to work hard and don’t expect free money from government!!!!!!!
They have more other important plans to cover like war and …

-We have just few more days to New Year. I wish every one a very happy 2008 full of health, joy and success!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you and ur family too:)

2:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ocean
I hope your new pregnancy goes well
and happy new year and good health
to you and your family.

Take Care
Ashkavand

8:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First I should say :HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOUR ANGELS .I WISH THE BEST THINGS IN NEW YEAR FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY DEAR OCEAN.
As u said, here has more benefits for women when they are pregnanat..
other hand some companies try that dont employe the women because of this and usually take a sign of them when they are employed based on ,dont be pregnanat but often they will be pregnanat and nobody says to these women anythings :)

1:47 AM

 
Blogger SOF!A said...

Aw...babies are cute as long as they're not ur owns :D
i recently became an aunt and i'm enjoying every second of it :*

4:14 AM

 
Blogger Jan said...

Dear Ocean, enjoy every second of your family, son and new born baby in 2008. I hope to share many thoughts this year.

Take care, see ya, tot ziens,

Jan

12:41 PM

 
Blogger Arsh said...

Happy New Year, wish you and your lovely family a year full of happiness and success.

1:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home