Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Painting is done!

We spent whole last week at my Mom’s house, although my mom was so nice and serving us all the time and comforted us a lot but I still wanted to go back home and sleep in my own bed as soon as possible. It is amazing that we spend 20, 30, … years living with our families but as soon as we get separated and live independently as a single or married person then we just like to stay independent and be on our own! The painting got finished by Saturday night and the contractors did a very good job, I like the new colors and the house looks very new now! There was lots of work when painters left and the whole house needed cleaning and organizing. I asked the lady that helps with cleaning to come on Sunday. I was expecting my husband to help out with cleaning the mess and putting back things in their place too, but he just gave me the news on Saturday night that he wanted to go to his weekly soccer game on Sunday Morning (which I could bear with) and after soccer he wanted to go to funeral of a very far friend’s father whom I believe he had not seen at least for a couple of years. That made me very mad and I said: How can you leave me with this whole mess and go and do your own plans? Instead of understanding me he got mad that you want to tell me what to do all the time! Any way we got into a big fight. I just left the house ( I could not stay because of the paint smell) It was not about I tell him what to do, it was about being understanding of situation. I feel that some times he forgets that I am pregnant and need more help and support at home. He acted like a defiant child who does not want to listen!
Any way our fight lingered on Sunday too. I had to do a lot at home and fight with him too. He did not go to Funeral any way but he nagged a lot about it!
I was stressed and this is not good for me and the baby!! I am still mad at him but am just dealing with it! I don’t understand why he becomes so inconsiderate sometime. In general he is a nice man but some times he acts like I am pushing him, if I ask for more help. My point is that this is our both of us home and I work outside too and I am currently pregnant so he should be more helpful but he looks at it differently, he thinks that I am ordering him or abusing him. If I would not do any thing my self and just expected him to do every thing he was right but I am working around the house myself all the time and I am not a nagy pregnant woman, I come to work every day. Take care of house work and do most of shopping as well! Any way no offense to the men who read this but I think men, or at least some men can become very inconsiderate and defiant sometimes!! They just forget about being married and want to act like they are an 18 year old single boy!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

اوشن جون نمی دونستم مامان شدی
صمیمانه بهت تبریک میگم عزیزم

6:17 AM

 
Blogger Jan said...

Dear Ocean, you are quite right about your husbands behavoir. What you tell about his reaction is seeing myself in a miror when I was 16 years old. I had some responsibility too and when neglecting that my mom reacted like you did.
I hope you can leave the stress out of it. For the sake of the baby and your child and yourself.
Fights between father and mother can be of bad influence on children growing up. However when you both can make it good your boy will see that a fight isn't the end of the world. Settle it with words of passion.
I know that Iranians love soccer too but it's not an excuse not helping to clean the mess and finish the work. It's no man's excuse.

Thank you Ocean, that you found time to sign the petition about Abdoullah Mansour.

11:59 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do not you tell him that you are doing so much (give all the examples that you had in this post) and let him know (I mean tell him in explicit words) that you "need" his help, especially because you are pregnant.

Do not assume that he understand the situation as much as you expect him to.

9:17 AM

 
Blogger Arsh said...

It's awesome that the painting job is done neat, and you're happy with it. I hope you and your family have a great time at your new looking place.

Oh, 'n don't worry about the tasks at home. Men can be inconsiderate sometimes, but I'm sure most of the times they don't know they can do much better. I mean not that they don't want to help, but sometimes they rather slack for they know there are others to take care of stuff (such as women!)
Anyways, you make sure you take good care of you and the baby. And I hope by the time you read this, you feel alot better about everything, and the cleaning up is done too.

10:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ocean
I am so glad That your house become painting and is nice like deys of new year.
As you know I wrote a lyric poem.
and I am not lonely .

Take Care
Ashkavand

3:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home