Tuesday, August 28, 2007

New Post!

-I am not sad any more about not going to Iran . I talked to my Mom and she said, “The flight from Atlanta to Paris was very shaky because of storm and on the other side Tehran is still very hot”. She was telling me that it would not be good for my health to go any way! May be she is exaggerating so I don’t feel bad but I am over it any way. Hopefully we will go some time soon when every thing looks right!

-Our department offered a training “re-thinking anger” last week for limited amount of employees; I signed up right a way. It was such a wonderful class. I feel I have learned a lot. We all become angry here and there and it is good to know how to deal with it!
One of the things that the professor taught was that if some thing unpleasant has happened to you that makes you mad and angry first of all try to monitor your body reaction which is usually faster heat bit, getting hot and raising voice tone. He was advising to take few deep breaths and then start talking! Try to talk it out with respect and then just let it go! Recently I am learning more and more every day to let things that bother me go and I feel I am getting used to the habit of letting go now. I remember that in past if something would bother me I would think about it for a long time and would hang on to it but now I just think about it once or twice then convince myself to let it go!
It just needs some practice!

-We are going to Disneyland for two days tomorrow, the first day my best friend who lives close to Disneyland will come with us and we will stay at her place for sleep.
My son is already very excited!

-I will know the sex of baby in 2.5 weeks! I really do not care if it is a boy or girl as long as is healthy! Both are good. I have already started looking for names! There are so many interesting names in Iran ’s Birth Certificate agency link: www.nocrir.com
For our first child since is named after my husband’s father we did not look for names. I told my husband that is my turn to pick name this time. We want him/her to have an Iranian name but the issue here is that we better pick a name that is not difficult for Americans to pronounce! My son’s name is not a difficult name but still they don’t pronounce it perfectly, that’s why we have a middle name for him too. I found so many pretty Farsi names that sound western too!
Any how I will let you know if the baby is a boy or girl!

-My boss just gave me the book that I talked about “Muhammad and Jesus”. I am looking forward to reading it. I want to know what is in that book to make my boss to lose his faith to Islam. On the other hand I used Ashkavand’s advice and ordered the book “Muhammad the profit of our time” which is supposed to be positive about Prophet Mohammad. It will be interesting to read both and then I will let you know what I think!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Arsh said...

Awww, I bet excitement of finding the sex of the baby and naming a him/her is priceless.
Have a lot of fun in Disney land, and take care of yourself and your little ones.

1:40 PM

 
Blogger Jan said...

Great Ocean that you don't let your life be influenced by setbacks & disappointments. Next time will be better. Make disneyland a time not to forget and do it all over when the little one has the age of it's brother now.
It's some kind of braveness that you will read the book your boss lost his faith. It shows that you have the character many born-US-citizens don't have; curiosity and fascination for other opinions.

Ocean thanks for your comments on my latest post. It remembers me that people can sometimes face the same stressful sitution.

2:32 PM

 
Blogger Natalie said...

Ocean jan it is hard to leave a message in blogspot :( but i read your writing as previous ;)
wowww! to pick a name! in my opinion it will be more pleasant for her/him to have an american name! but i understan your feeling too;)

12:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ocean
thank you so much for your comment
and I wish you take away some of the sadness and enjoying in Disney

Take care

Ashkavand

3:06 AM

 
Blogger Jan said...

Ocean, the man you wrote about, who converted his believe. Is he an ex-muslim now? In Europe is some commotion about ex-muslims. How do you in the US deal with this?

2:05 PM

 
Blogger Ocean said...

Hi Jan,

I think he has not announced it that he is ex-muslim! I have not heard of such a thing in US. I know some Iranians that have converted to Christianity but I don't know what is the deal with them.
How that works in Europe?

9:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home