Friday, May 18, 2007

Enjoy life better

-Since I have turned 34, I have made a deal with myself to enjoy life more and more and stress myself less and less, some how in last two weeks I have been doing well in enjoying my life. I have not done a very extra ordinary thing but I try to sink in every little joy and feel it stronger than before. If I am watching my favorite show I try to focus and enjoy it a lot. If I am reading a good book, I try to relate to it more and enjoy it better. I think enjoying the fullest of life needs a little bit of practice. Of course that we all enjoy things here and there but the amount of enjoyment is a big factor and also enjoy little things that we usually don't pay attention to them much. Any way it seems getting older is making me think that I should really value my moments more!!

-May be most of you heard about Paris Hilton (the famous heiress of Hilton family, who own the Hilton hotels all over the world), violated law and drove with suspended driving license and now she should go to jail! Isn’t that amazing with all the money and fame she has, she cannot get away from law! I know some people has been able to play with law (by having very popular lawyers) and get a way here and there from going to jail (of course if there is not enough evidence) but at some points, you cannot basically buy the law here! The thing that is easy in corrupted country like Iran, Mexico,... if it was in Iran she could pay some money to the police officer and just pass through it or if the police would not give in, she could pay some one else and just get a way with it! I like it when I see law is on top of lots of things!! One of the main reasons that law acts strong in this country is that media is very open and observant about every thing so if some one violates law and be able to get a way from it especially if he/she is a famous person, media won’t be quite about it and let everyone know what has been going on.
I think if a country wants to make progress socially and have a good democracy,Should have a powerful media!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Hi Ocean if stress is a heavy weight you should get rid of it.
Socially it's better not to be stressed I think.

However stress might make you perform better... for example making everything in order because of your birthday party with so many people to be pleased.

Ocean take care and have a good weekend.

Jan

I think stress can be also a way to relax.... sports... but to much isn't good.

A powerful media is one thing it also should be independent.
I see the world is heading to a more and more oligarchic structure.
Italy has Berlusconi as media-tycoon, France has some who forbid journalists to write about certain things because of personal reasons,
Economic concentration of media could mean less diversity.

2:00 AM

 
Blogger Natalie said...

hey! wish u lots of luck! have a very very nice trip. I really like to meet you if you come to Tehran also :D any way wish you the best. specially because you decided to enjoy more :)

12:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dear ocean,
This is perfect Deal,خوشمان آمد
:))

4:29 AM

 
Blogger Arsh said...

Your post reminded me of an old song saying: "Let's cherish every moment we have been given, the time's passing by..."
Ekh... I can't remember who sings it thoug!

8:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home