Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Happy Nowruz!

-Our Nowruz was fine. We took off early from work on Tuesday and were home by 3:00 PM. The New Year time by our time was 5:07 PM on Tuesday Mar 20th. I and my husband started praying about half an hour before the start of New Year and we asked my son to join us in praying. He was so funny and cute when he was trying to pray with us! Right after the New Year, he asked for his presents (Eidi)! He was so happy to get his presents!
We were invited by my husband’s cousin for New Year’s dinner; she always invites close family and relatives, which was fun!
We took off Wednesday to relax the first day of Persian New Year!
I called my brother, grandma and all the aunts and uncles in Iran and Europe ! I always miss Iran in first couple of days of New Year, especially Shomal (North of Iran). When I was in Iran , we would always go to Shomal with family and friends and we had so much fun!

-I watched the movie “ Babel ” over the weekend I think it was a very good movie, it was kind of thought provoking. It started from a village in Morocco . I have heard that Morocco is a beautiful country but they had chosen a very poor village of that country for this movie! I don’t know why when they want to film a movie in a third world country, they usually choose, the poorest worst area! Do they do it on purpose? Do they want to show other countries in such a bad condition so the super power looks greater???
I know sometimes because of the concept of story, like this movie they should have picked a poor village, but I guess they purposefully pick the ones that are more dirty and poor! Any way I recommend this movie very much.

-We hear lots of different news about Iran ! The latest is arresting English marines by Iranian forces! God knows what will happen, people ask me at work, that what is my opinion about all this and do I think there will be another war with Iran ? I really hope not! And I say that to them.
I really want to travel this year to Iran , I am thinking to go early in September, or late August. I really hope nothing happens and I can go for visiting, I really miss all my family and relatives. I do not have any close friend left in Iran any more. All my close friends moved out in last few years and they are spread all over the world, but mostly in Canada !
One of my New Year’s prayers was not having another war with Iran , Amen.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ocean

I am so glad that norouz for you was fine.

if you travel to Iran, please come in Isfahan - Ashkavand.

good luck

Ashkavand

6:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Ocean
Happy noruz
I have the best wishes for you in new year:)

Indeed I watched this movie in Noruz holiday ,yes I agree with you and I don't know answer of your questions and I think about them sometimes.
and the end I hate the war,On me the war is a spooney way these dayes.

5:43 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you that they pick some very poor areas. I watched the iranian movie "Twilight" and it shows a family that all of them are thief. Or I found "Under the skin of city" in a video clup and it also talks about very very poor family very bad area of the town, and in the end about "street girl"!

2:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home