Thursday, March 15, 2007

Nowruz

_I really cannot believe that another Nowruz is just around the corner!
Time flies and we age so fast! I don’t like it! I wish I was just 22 years old!!

-We celebrated another Charshanbeh soori on Tuesday night, in the same park on the beach that Iranians celebrate every year. This year the mayor of San Diego Showed up and congratulated Iranian community for upcoming Persian New Year!
I and my son jumped over the fire and he liked it so much and wanted to jump few more times!!
I have bought him Edi (the specific present for New Year) and have hidden it in the garage! I am trying to explain the Nowruz to him, the other day he was telling me: “is Nowruz, Christmas??” that was so funny! I said “No, we have two New Year; one is around Christmas time and one in spring. This one is an Iranian event, since you are Iranian and American, you celebrate both and the bonus is that you get two set of presents!!”

-I wish every one a happy Nowruz and I hope this year is a good year for Iran and Iranians with peace and freedom!

-By the way, recently, I have sleeping problems; although there is nothing special on my mind but when I go to bed I have hard time sleeping, even if I am very tired. I try not to think about anything and relax but sometimes it does not work at all. If you have good tips let me know!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi ocean jan,,, happy new year and norouz,,, so is norouz christmas??:) that was so cute:)

i didn't jump over the fire this chahar shanbe soory for the first time... my friends were so lazy!! we supposed to go to newport beach but we end up going no where! by the time the night was over i couldn beleive i didn go anywhere!!! i love chahr shannbe soory and this is the first time i missed it!!!

for your sleep problem i suggest you excersise and go to the gym every day... its my personal experiance the nights i go to the gym i go to sleep so fast and its like nothing is on my mind ( clean and nice) but the nights i am lazy and dont go i dream about my works and all night i am finding solutions for my projects!! so if you have time go to gym or for jogging for 30 minutes you see you sleep fast and smooth all night:)

anyways have a great new year and happy norouz :)

10:12 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ز دلم سال نو مبارك خودت و خانواده ات باشه
بهترين ها رو برات آرزومندم دوست خوبم

10:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy nowruz

11:16 AM

 
Blogger Arsh said...

Happy Norouz. Wish you a year full of happiness, wonderful times with your dear family and success.

1:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ocean

Happy new year and norouz mobarak.

for your sleeping problem you can

see in this web.www.ashena.com

from ,Dr.Maryam rahnemon.

meanwhile,I wrote about happy new year,please see and put comment for me, although my english not well.

take care

Ashkavand

11:21 PM

 
Blogger Jan said...

Hi busy Ocean,
Don't blame yourself being so busy. We all are, but I'm sure that you are more busy than me (and some other bloggers).
I wish you a happy norouz, a happy Persian new year.

I got for you a well known Dutch Persian-immigrant writer.
Kader Abdullah seems to be the second best writer in Holland.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kader_Abdolah

About sleeping problems, maybe reading helps to overcome the problem. It is relaxing and in a busy life some relaxation is necessary.

Take care,
Jan

1:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home