Friday, January 26, 2007

New Post!

-I met with one the co-workers of my last job couple days a go, she was telling me about the news of the pervious work place. One of the news sounded so interesting to me. She said one of the girls that was a manger, highly educated and was just one year older than me is trying to have baby through sperm bank program. I am sure that there are sperm banks in Europe but not in Iran . These sperm banks have different sperms from different men with their complete profile and picture for the couples that the man has a problem for having baby or the women that want to have baby but are not married or don’t have a partner! Apparently this young woman that I personally know well and have worked with her on some projects have decided to have baby through these sperm banks and thinks may be it will get too late to find the right guy for marriage and she wants to become a mom! I never knew anyone before that has tried to have baby this way! The interesting thing is that she is just 34 years old and it is still not too late for her to meet the right guy and have baby in natural way! I think her decision is very selfish. What about the poor baby, she/he will never know her/his dad! Plus raising a child without a partner help can be very difficult. Any way it seems people are getting more and more independent these days, even independent from mother of nature and it’s rules!!

- I was thinking to myself the other day that I wish I could freeze every thing related to me like my job, my family and be free for one year on my own with enough money to travel around with my best friends and have fun. Then come back and every thing would be exactly like the moment that I lefet like nothing has happened! Isn’t that just a great, crazy idea!

9 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Hi Ocean,

I found some information on artificial insemination in the Netherlands.

people who make use of this facility do it because:
- the partner has bad sperms and is infertile
- in a lesbian relation is no male partner
- singles don't have a partner.

In the Netherlands donors will be paid for their donation (about €20).

Since 2004 a new law is effective which gives donor-children the right to know who is their father; From an age of 16, donor-children can obtain medical, physical, social and person-identifying information about the donor.

9:11 AM

 
Blogger Jan said...

Funny thoughts you have Ocean..
Today I received a message on my photothing-log.
It's from an Iranian woman I found out when I went through her photolog. Her photo's where from anywhere in the world.
From the Chinese wall, via India to Bonn and back to Theran and other places in Iran.
I hope that when she returns not everything will be exact the same as when she left.

9:24 AM

 
Blogger Jan said...

http://www.fotothing.com/SanazM/

9:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI Ocean,
To tell you the truth I liked her decision! its an interesting thing she want s to do. you can chose a sperm from a man with good look and other good properties.

2:15 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi ocean,
I never heard people can go and do this thing only because they dont have a partner or husband! thats crazy!!!! btw if you find a way to freeze the time and go on a vacation and.... let me know!!! i loved your idea...

12:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi dear Ocean
This story is pretty wonderful .
In my openion , knowledge is going to raise every day more and more . and this is cause that every body follows strange ways for changing her or his life.
Naturally I don't like having a child without father .
I agree with you Dear ocean I'd like to freez my times. :)

12:24 AM

 
Blogger Natalie said...

‍crazy idea :))))) she really like to have a baby?!
i really understand your wish! even for a week, no work, no kitchen, no dish washing,..no responsibility! what a lazy girl!

12:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ocean, I love the concept. It would be fun to freeze time and have fun adventures and then come back to the people and events of one's daily life...a lot better than that idea you described earlier, about fast-forwarding through events in life. The more the merrier! We earn our gray hairs...they're our badges of honor...:) (Not that you could possibly have any yet!)

7:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did mean "not that you could posibly have any gray hairs yet." You have lots of badges of honor. In another language this sort of misplaced modifying clause could not happen. How maddening!

7:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home