Sunday, December 10, 2006

Small World!

Last night we were invited to a family friend’s 50th Birthday party! It was very nice party and every one was dancing all night! I did not expect such a cool environment and some people were dressed up in 60's attire. They had written in on invitation card to dress up in 60’s attire but I myself did not really pay attention to it! Anyhow the interesting thing that happened was I saw a familiar face from Iran, He was my first love's cousin. I fell in love with this guy’s cousin when I was 21, but we were not really right for each other but even after our relationship we stayed friend and some how lingered on our relationship but when I came to US I decided not to stay in touch and start a whole fresh life. Any way seeing his cousin after eight years that I had not any news of him made me anxious to ask about him and see how is he doing. The cousin said he is not married yet and like before he is back and forth to Europe. He was confused soul and could never decide what he wanted in life and that made me think that he was not right for me. Any way I thought to myself what a small world!
I told my husband the story at the party too. I never hide any thing from him and he knew whom I was talking about! It is interesting that we are always curious about people's life that had a role in our life some day, that does not mean we still love them or any thing but our past is part of our life and we should just keep it distant but respected! I hope he is happy any way, the cousin asked me if I was married and I said "Yes". He could see the ring in my finger any way! That was a dumb question!
I am happy that I am so open with my husband and he is so understanding and respectful, that has created lots of trust between us.

4 Comments:

Blogger mayra said...

Dear ocean
This your post is very useful for me.
I agree with you ,yes ,I accept that world is pretty small but sometimes we forget this subject.

1:59 AM

 
Blogger Jan said...

The world is small, but the older you get the smaller the world gets.

1:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

چقدر عالی که مهمونی بهت خوش گذشته و چقدر عالی تر که با همسرت اینهمه راحت و دوستی.
مظابب خودت باش.
راجع به قشنگی های دبی هم هرچی شنیدی درسته عزیزم اما در تبلیغ برای قشنگی ها هیشکی نمیاد از ترافیک دیوونه کننده اش حرفی بزنه.
:)
پسری رو ببوس.
آخر هفته خوبی داشته باشید

7:09 AM

 
Blogger Nene said...

hi ocean jan... thanks for your comment and your kindness... I am so proud to have you as my friend... I wish you the best for you and your family:) so how is everything going? I know what you are saying in this post... this world is such a small one that you always run in to someone that you never excpect! this happened to me 2wice:) have a great holliday azizam muaaaaah

10:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home