Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Thanksgiving is coming!

-Last Friday was my best friend's Birthday and we were supposed to meet with some other friends and her future fiancé (they are going to engage soon) in a restaurant in Laguna Beach.
I had not seen my friend for about six months so although we needed to drive for one hour and it was Friday but we went and we had so much fun. We were a small group but we all drank and laughed a lot! Her serious boy friend, who she thinks is the right guy, seems to be very nice and friendly, me and my husband both liked him. I hope every thing goes well for her. She deserves a nice guy. I am concerned because she was divorced once before and I really wish that will never happen again for her.

-Thursday is Thanksgiving! I cannot believe it! time flies so fast! Recently I think about how fast time passes by and that makes me sad! Any way I really like Thanksgiving, we get four days weekend and I really like the tradition.
For those who are not familiar with this tradition, it is the day that Americans cook Turkey and every one gets together with family and friends and spend a relaxing day, eating and thanking god for prosperity (I am not sure if every one really thanks god though!!) but it is a very good excuse to gather families and friends. In a country like US that most of people are spread all over the place and live far from the family, these traditions is helpful to bring them back together every now and then. I know and I heard that most of Iranian families like my own parents family used to live in the same neighborhood before. Every one was close by and they would get together all the time. But life is changed so much, even in Iran and traditional countries like Iran people are not that close any more. I know that revolution and war made people to immigrate and lots of families scattered all over the world! That is sad. I wish I had my other brother and all the relatives of Iran here around me! May be being in the same neighborhood is not always a great idea but being in the same city or at least same country is definitely great!Any way I thank god that I at least have my Mom and one of my brothers here and also two of my old friends of Iran!

7 Comments:

Blogger Natalie said...

price of being independent! have a nice holiday my dear friend:)

11:28 PM

 
Blogger mayra said...

well some times I hear that people say :befor than now relationships were so close and firmly but now there isn't any friendly relation between people
I think todays every body don't have enough time for being friendly and familiar ....

11:50 PM

 
Blogger Nene said...

Hi Ocean jan,
I love thanks giving too!!! it is so relaxing even if you are a student all the papers and projects are also done by thanks giving!!! and you have 4 relaxing day and one shopping day!!!;=)I could never get up early for friday shoppings!!!!
happing thanks giving:)

11:59 PM

 
Blogger Nirvana said...

I hope your friend has good life with new friend.
I like thanks giving god but we havent it in Iran:(
I think its good excuse for gathering.

12:54 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy thanksgiving! I think the life is becoming meaningful if we learn to stay friends and supportive!

2:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

سلام.
به به به.
میبینم که خدا رو شکر تعطیلان خوبی داشتی خانمی.همیشه به خوشی انشاالله.پسر ماهت خوبه؟
خودت خوبی؟
واقعا که باید بگم از جمله آدمهای خوشبخت دنیا باید خودت رو به حساب بیاری که مامان و برادرت کنارت هستن.
خدا همه تون رو برای هم حفظ کنه و همیشه شادو سلامت با هم خوش باشید.
بوس بوس

12:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One Thanksgiving, we did something wonderful that I think is a good thing to make into a tradition: We went around the table, and everyone took turns saying what they were most thankful for that year. We got to my oldest niece and she started listing things she was thankful for. She went on and on and on, until we were all laughing. It's one of my nicest memories.

7:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home