Thursday, February 22, 2007

New post!

-We had a three days weekend. Monday was President Day. It was a quite and relaxing weekend for us. Saturday was 25 C and so nice, Sunday was partly cloudy about 18 C and Monday was rainy about 12 C. isn’t that a various climate??

-Saturday was exactly one year since I started my current job. Probation for my position was one year and I passed it on Friday with an excellent evaluation from my boss.
I cannot believe that it is already one year! I learned a lot during the passed year at my work and I have accomplished a lot. I can say that this is the best job I have ever had (knock on the wood!). I hope that I retire at this job or win the lottery!!
No one knows what happens in life! May be I retire at this job, may be not!

-There is a Video store close to our house that has a very good deal for renting movies recently. 10$ a month and you rent as many movies as you want; you just need to return movies at fifth day! So we have been renting movies a lot recently. Most of the movies are OK but nothing extra ordinary. I don’t know why most of movies are not really worth watching these days. I and my husband both like going to movie theaters or rent movies at home a lot. I can say that in last two years I have not seen any movie that I say Wow, this movie should get lots of Oscars or become the best picture! May be film producers are really going out of subject!!
Any way these are the movies that I have recently seen and are Ok or good:
-Cinema Paradiso (this was an old movies made in early 70’s but was very nice and touching movie, I know it is a famous one)
-Lost city (this is especially good for Iranian immigrants! It is about Cuba revolution. We canrelate to it a lot!).
-Break up
-Inside man


-And finally today is my husband’s Birthday. I have got him IPOD, which he wanted for a while. I got a very good one! And I have reserved for dinner in a nice restaurant, he loves good food!! Who doesn’t?? We usually don’t take my son to formal restaurants but I though tonight is his dad’s Birthday and we should take him. I hope he behaves well!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ocean,
I wish I was there to watch good new movies when they are just come to the theaters. I really love watching movies. of course there are some movies that I have enjoyed watching them for several times. I haven't seen new movies recenetly but I loved : Vanilla sky, Eyes wide shut, Shawshenk redumption, dark city, Gangs of New York... . I guess you have watched all of them!

8:57 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ocean

Thank you so much for your comments
I recently wrote about happy birthday " niloufar"
I wish you read this post and put
comment.

When someone care.

It is easier to speak

It is easier to listen

It is easier to play

Ii is easier to work

It is easier to laugh

good luck
ASHKAVAND

6:25 AM

 
Blogger Natalie said...

so one year passed!! good luck ocean, good to hear that you like your job and learn a lot. this is very importannt
i read Cinema Paradiso screen play recently and liked it too much!

1:03 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched Cinema Paradiso ,on me It's pretty nice.I like this kind movies.

3:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birth day to him. I hope you all enjoyed the celebration.

9:13 PM

 
Blogger Nene said...

hi ocean jan... hey why dont you ping your post anymore? ... happy bd to your husband and i hope you guys had a great night :)
my president weekend was not as relaxing as yours... i was so busy partying!!!( my cousin visiting) so i was extremely tired on monday ( yeah i was workning on monday!!!!!poor me!) i slept 7 in the afternoon monday till 5:30 tomorrow morning!!!
i am happy you like your job and you passed the probation time... so every thing is ganna nbe much much bettrer:)
have fun and have a great week

12:20 PM

 
Blogger Nene said...

oh i watched the break up!!! only because of that cute guy... the film wasn good at all!!!! have you seen departed yet/

12:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home