Thursday, April 12, 2007

Award!

One of my first big assignments at my current job was writing an application for our Traffic division. It was a big application with lots of different features and reports. Any way I worked on it individually and a few months ago we pushed it to production. It was a great success and Traffic division was so happy about it.
Yesterday one our lieutenants who I worked with on this project called me and said there is a meeting in Administration building to present the application and you have to be there! I was surprised that why after few months they have decided to present application now. Any way I, my boss and the lieutenant went to the meeting and it was full of big shots of our department, most of them with uniforms and guns!!!!!!! I was telling myself: “ god, I hope they won’t ask me to present the system here in front of all these command staff!” that I heard that they called my name and told me to stand up in front and gave me a recognition award because of my hard and successful work on this project!! It felt fantastic! You know, we all do a lot at work and at home in our daily lives but even us forget about the importance and impact of our work but when someone surprisingly recognizes us it means a lot. We all need that recognition every now and then!
Any way I am so happy about it, when I came back to the office, our CIO came to my desk, congratulated me and thanked me for my accomplishment!

I was just thinking to myself yesterday that I am working too much and may be I should not have worked in such a demanding position and would just have a easy part time job! Now I feel it is worth it to work hard and be recognized!!

P.S. I did not want to show off my award, just wanted to share my happiness with my virtual friends!!!!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Natalie said...

Hey! it is very nice to hear that! I am proud of you my friend :)))

3:22 AM

 
Blogger Jan said...

Ocean, great achievement... it's funny that you worked on a project with the traffic department wearing guns. You said you hate weaponry.

I feel pleased you feel recognized in the work you do. It should make you feel walking three feets above the ground.

Congrats with your award!

2:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow..!It's great .I Congratulate.
Thanks for sharing your happiness.

11:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ocean

I am glad that you success in your
project and I will pray for you.
Now,5 PM In Esfahan the weather is rainy and very very nice ,

god bless you

Ashkavand

6:53 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ocean, you deserve all the best. I am so proud of you I could burst with joy. May all honor and joy and delight and happiness always be yours. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

8:07 PM

 
Blogger Arsh said...

Wow, Congrats lady!
Wish you more success and more awards to come along. It's always good to make yourself proud of what you did, and become more confident about the worth of your time being spent on something.

10:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home