Thursday, August 02, 2007

Our Trip got cancelled!

As you remember since the beginning that we reserved our tickets for Iran , I was concerned about my husband, although he has valid passport and every thing and he was never part of any group or political opposition but I still was worried, because he has not been in Iran for 27 years. Any way when I bought the tickets I did not know that I was pregnant and when I found out I thought that is ok I go but will be careful. When we heard about the demonstrations in Tehran because of new Gasoline rules we got scared again and thought may be we should not really go at this time, so I called my travel agent and asked him if there was any way to cancel our tickets and get some refund back because I was pregnant and I did not want to travel at this time. He said I dont think I can do any thing but I will check for you. He never called me back and we heard that every thing is back to normal in Iran so we though, we would go ( I prayed to god from the beginning that if this trip will be a good trip it happens for us, otherwise something happens and we dont go).
I started shopping for gifts and stuff and planning for every thing but all of the sudden I got a message from the travel agent on Sunday I have canceled your tickets, have you got your refund back yet?‌ that voice message was like a big metal ball thrown to my head! I could not believe that our trip was cancelled, I called him back but he was not answering, I called Air France and they verified that our tickets were cancelled TWO WEEKS AGO!
I was very mad and upset; I could not believe that he cancelled our tickets without double checking with me and getting my confirmation. Any way I and my husband discussed this lot and we both thought that it was not meant to be (ghesmat naboodeh)! I remembered my prayers to god and I thought may be god is sending us a sign that this is not the right time to go to Iran for us, I thought that it is a very long trip any way and I am pregnant, may be some complications comes up or I get sick and being that far from my doctor is not wise!
I even remembered Al Chemist (Kimiagar) book that I just recently re-read it again and I thought I should follow the signs! May be it was all planned from god that the guy can make our non-refundable tickets refundable, then does not double check with me and every thing happens behind the scene out of my control!!
Any how, I called the travel agent and he said, he thought I was sure to cancel the ticket and he did not needed to double check with me! He said if you are still willing to go I get you another ticket with the same rates! Just let me know!
I talked to my husband again and we both came to same conclusion that considering my pregnancy and the "Sign" we should not go at this time. May be when the baby is born and is about six or seven months then we can go all of us together!

I am a little sad though, especially that I know that my brother and his family and all the relatives were excited to see us! But hopefully we will go in 2008!

5 Comments:

Blogger mayra said...

What's a sad story!anyway Dear ocean don't worry about your vacation .I hope, you can go to Iran with your angels in 2008.

6:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ocean
I am sorry for you.

anyway "alkhairo ma fi vagha"
خیر و صلاح در آن چیزی است که اتفاق می افتد.نگران نباش.
امیدوارم در اولین فرصت ممکن به ایران سفر کنی

Ashkavand

9:19 PM

 
Blogger Jan said...

What a sad story. I hope you still have another trip this year. Next year is another year, everything is certainly different.

I hope you still have a fantastic summer despite the cancelled trip.

10:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI, I dont know why my comments doent publish, but thats ok I will write again!
I wrote that its is certainly dangerous for a pregnant woman to travel to opposite side of the world, I remember when my sister was pregnant its was hard for her even traveling for even 3 or 4 hours between cities.
I hope you will travel to iran soon, with a good schedual that must not be so hard even if you have a baby.

9:02 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI, I dont know why my comments doent publish, but thats ok I will write again!
I wrote that: it is certainly dangerous for a pregnant woman to travel to opposite side of the world, I remember when my sister was pregnant it was hard for her even traveling for even 3 or 4 hours between cities.
I hope you will travel to iran soon, with a good schedual that must not be so hard even if you have a baby.

9:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home