Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Not Lucky days!!

At work we are on call about every 4 months so if some issue comes up after working hours we can fix it at home or where ever we are. That’s why we all have lap tops and wireless Internet connection.
This month was my turn to be on call. On Saturday we were invited to my husband’s friend’s house. I thought to myself I better take my lap top in case some thing happens I don’t need to go back home, any way I took it with me when we came back home it was almost mid night and I left my lap top and purse inside the car and forgot to take them inside. We locked the car and it was parked in the back yard (our house has drive way to the back yard and has room to park car). Any way when my husband wanted to go to his football game on Sunday morning we found out that some one had broken to the car by breaking front window and took lap top and my purse! I would never think such a thing happens in our neighborhood, our neighborhood is supposed to be very safe!
I was so upset more for laptop than my own wallet with all the credit cards and Driver license and some cash in it! We called the police right a way and I called my boss, He tried to console me and said its ok, I will ask our security administrator to disable all your accounts. I and my husband called all the credit card companies and bank (thank god, the customer service is open even on Sunday). Fortunately none of my cards were charged!
Any way it has been a big hassle and at work I should give a report and they will decide that it was negligence from my side or not if they decide it was my negligence I should pay for the laptop which is about $2000. I am still very upset about the whole thing especially work laptop, I am a responsible person especially when it comes to my work and it never happened to me that I lose some work property and now this happened!

On the other hand we had a stupid issue with the pervious owner of our house that we thought is over but got a letter from our lawyer that they still want to peruse their claim. Their claim is so unreasonable but unfortunately in US people can easily make claim against each other, if it is stupid, like this one they will lose but lawyers get good money out of that! This news made me and my husband very upset, although we know we are innocent about their claim and they won’t win if they peruse their claim but still it is a hassle for us, our lawyer believes that they are bluffing and they won’t peruse, it is already 4 years and if they wanted to peruse any thing they would do it earlier!

Any way last couples of days were not much fun and although I tried to calm down for the sake of baby I am still upset!

I truely hope that we are not in bad luck stage! especially with events that are coming up like traveling to Iran and new baby!!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A similar thing happened to us last year in Turkey. We had to cancel the credit cards (in the middle of a trip!)...

A lesson is learned (unfortunately the hard way), but take it easy.

11:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my God! I'm so sorry to hear that Ocean
I didn't have a good week either. Actually it started last week , I hope if finishes tommorrow.
Btw, your english is really good, I wish I know some curses in english, if you read my last post u'll get why i need.
esp do u know what is "ghalat kardi" in english? sorry, bayad ye jori javabesho bedam

5:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dont' know why it's not working

5:26 PM

 
Blogger Arsh said...

Oh God, such a hassle!
Sometimes life's like that, but remember things will eventually get better.
My week was one of those really bad ones too, my mom had an accident on Saturday, my dad got sick on Monday, and the whole week I was trying to find an early ultrasound appointment for my dad, which was unsuccessful. The whole time I'm repeating to myself, this will be over soon.

Good luck with everything, and take care of yourself and the new baby.

2:34 PM

 
Blogger Nene said...

hi ocean jan... i am so soryy about what happened to you... hopefully every thing is ganna be allright... why do you need to pay for the laptop? they should have back up and insurance on it,,,
ocean jan thanks for your kimdness and your thoughtfull comments for me... sometimes i think you are one of my friend who understand my situation very well even if i never seen you or talked to you... you are so kind thanks azizam
please give me your email address when ever you get a chance
booos
negin

3:58 PM

 
Blogger Jan said...

Indeed no happy days, but don't blame yourself. It takes time to solve difficulties.
When I lost my credit card and banking pass in France the world was very hard but after the rain the sun will shine again.
Claiming people you got everywhere. Some people get get enough and make it hard for themselves as the previous owner does.

I hope happy days arrive soon again in San Diego. Take care Ocean,

Jan

2:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ocean
what a bad lucky day?
I was very worried about you.
I hope you find it very soon.

take care
Ashkavand

5:43 AM

 
Blogger Jan said...

About bad luck Ocean, think positively! To quote former Dutch national footballplayer Johan Cruijff "every disadvantage has it's advantage".

1:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home