Friday, October 26, 2007

San Diego on fire!

This week has been a very crazy week for southern California . Since Friday the news announced that the warm wind named Santa Ana that we have it pretty much every year will start and since it is hot and dry that can lead to wild fires. On Sunday afternoon the fire started in San Diego and soon spread to all over the county by Monday it got a lot worse. Schools and offices were closed. Our Office since is Sheriff Department was not closed but I did not go to work due to bad air quality. By Evening the fire was burning lots of houses and it was getting closer to coast area. On Monday night we were ordered to evacuate our house. I grabbed some important stuff like passports, wedding album (is important to me!), my son’s first album and some cloths. When I was packing the stuff I was very sad and stressed, I was thinking to myself, will we be back home again?. It was a terrible experience. I was in Iran when we had war with Iraq and war was worse than this, because no one could predict where the bomb or missile will drop to evacuate on time but at that time I was very young so I could not feel the depth of disaster but now I had my own family, my own home and was worry about lots of things. Any way we could come back home on Tuesday evening. I was so grateful to be able to come back home and see it is standing there safe, but I really feel sorry for the ones that have lost their homes, over 1600 homes in Southern California have been burned so far and the fire is not still completely contained. Thank god just about 8 people were killed not more, since local officials did a very good job notifying people to evacuate their houses on time. I heard in news that the fire in Orange County has been started by an arsenic person, who just set up fires and they are investigating it. I cannot believe that some people can be so evil; they say these kinds of people have extreme fascination toward fire or feel more powerful when they do these kinds of things. This is not the first time that a person has increased or started the fire on purpose!!!
However San Diego that is famous as finest city of America has become a hell in last couple of days!! I truly pray for all the people that have lost their homes or loved ones because of this fire, hopefully insurance companies and government take actions fast to help them out starting the regular life, I heard that government has offered each family $40,000 for one year so they can rent a place and get settled until their houses get rebuilt. I hope it is a quick process!
It is amazing that how weak we are against the mother of nature and how unpredictable things can be!!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Ocean!
I'm really grateful that you and your family could come back in healthy.
and

The trade movie is on the DVD .
I hope ,you can find and watch it.

4:04 AM

 
Blogger Nirvana said...

Hi
I'm sorry for you and all of people that who are stay there.But I glad that you could back to you lovely home again:)

1:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ocean
what a bad news! I heard about the Southern California wildfires.
I am so glad you and your family are safe.

Take care
Ashkavand

4:48 AM

 
Blogger Jan said...

Good that you and your family are okay... I followed it on the news and never thought it would seriously danger San Diego. But unfortunately it did. I hope the bad air quality will disappear soon and that everthing goes back to normal.

take care,
Jan

7:19 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was really sad,,, and now that you are pregnant , you are probably more sensitive. things can affect you more.
Take care

11:55 AM

 
Blogger Arsh said...

It's really good to hear you and your dear family are all good, and the house in good shape.

(oh, 'n honestly, I would have packed up the albums full of memories too!)

8:30 PM

 
Blogger Nene said...

omg i just remebered you are living in san diegio too... i am a bad bad friend... thanks god you and your family ae safe... it was a bad experience for every body and i hope government help people who lost their family and their homes... thanks god you are safe...

5:28 PM

 
Blogger mayra said...

Where are u ,Dear Ocean?
please make new blog ...

11:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home