Thursday, January 10, 2008

What is best?

-Doctor has scheduled Jan 30th for my caesarean. I am planning to work until Jan 25th!!
It will depend on how I feel; I am more tired these days but can still come to work.
I hope I can go by my plans and baby does not come earlier. We are all getting ready now.
Yesterday Our CIO (the top management of our division) passed by my Cubicle and said: “ are you still working? I thought you must be on leave now! I said I would come to work until 25th. He asked me if I will come back to work! I said Be honest with you, If I was working for private company or was not happy with my job I would not come back, but I like my job and I want to keep it he said I am happy to hear that!!
When you are a woman and get pregnant, the first thing comes to managers mind is that: is she coming back to work??
I should confess that the thought of quitting job has come to my mind few times already. The only thing is that we should change our life style if I decide to be stay home mom, we have to sell our house buy a smaller one and cut on some expenses which we will get used to I guess but the other thing would be my carrier, I like my current job, it is a high pay job, very good benefit and a good future. I will have a good retirement and I will grow in this job well. I am already a well known employee in my division. So considering all these will I regret it if I quit this job? If I stay home it will be better for my kids. I myself was raised with a mom always working and being out of home I was never happy about it and always envied my friends that had stay home mom. If I work I will spend less time with my children but I can provide a better life for them and for their future and education I can be more helpful. Which one is more important to a kid. Deep inside I think spending more time with kids is more important than a more expensive life style for them. What about myself? I am not really type of person that can spend all day home and not being productive, I know being a mom is the most productive thing but my job fulfills my pride and dignity a lot, will I be depressed if I lose this? I think so, if I am a depressed, down mom who does not feel good about herself, is it going to be good for my kids? If they see me less hours but when I am with them I am happy and positive is more important or just being with them? There are so many questions in this matter and I dont have all the answers yet! Overall quitting my job is a huge risk for me because getting this job back wont be easy at all and most probably impossible! I dont want to do something that I regret it for ever!
For now the plan is that my Mom takes care of the little one when I come back to work up to two years. I will try to cut few hours at work if they accept. I am not really sure about that. I dont want to bring it up now. I want to come back from leave and then mention it. Any way being mom and a carrier woman in today world is not easy at all.
May be women in old times were happier to be just mom may be not!!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ocean

Thanks for your kind comment
and I hope you have had a healthy
pregnancy and all is going well.

Take Care
Ashkavand

10:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omidvaram ke roozhaye khoob va asooni ro pishe roo dashte bashi.

1:55 AM

 
Blogger Arsh said...

Ocean, I totally understand how you feel. This is exactly what my sister went through after having her second baby. She chose work (less hours) over being a stay home mom. I remember my own childhood when my mom was a teacher, and the whole time I thought why my mom is spending a lot of times with other kids when I was home and working on my homeworks alone. But now that I think, I feel good that I lived in a family that everyone worked, and I had to take care of some stuff by myself. I feel a lot more independent than a lot of friends who's moms where always there for them. And I also appreciated the time that I spent with my mom more. Good luck on the whole thing. Don't burn yourself out, the baby and the rest of the family needs a healthy energetic mom (and you are one) :)

8:32 PM

 
Blogger Jan said...

January 30 might be the day and January 25 you stop working? You are a tough girl. Remember the Scandinavian countries, Great Britain, France, etcetera, they/we have a long period for mothers to come back in the working process.
Women are given all opportunities to come back in their jobs and take care of the child. Some people think that the fathers should have equal opportunities.

But Ocean I wish you less tiredness in the next few weeks before your ceasarean (Do you already have chosen names for the baby? if it's a boy call him Julius, if it's a girl call her Julia)

Take care,
Jan

2:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you will know the answer when your leave is almost over. These are tough decisions and the best answer depends on the person and the norm of the society. If most mothers, where you leave, stay at home, your kids and you may feel disappointed about not spending enough time with each other. If most mothers work, then you won't feel the drawbacks of working as much.

11:06 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

By the way, good luck with the last few days and afterwards.

11:07 AM

 
Blogger Jan said...

How're you doing Ocean?

Take care
Jan

11:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home