Thursday, April 02, 2009

Busy!

-I am very busy and overwhelmed these days. There are always whole bunch of things in my list that I want to do on a day off or weekend and I just cannot do all of them. I finally have decided that I need to see a therapist. I need some professional stranger to listen to me! I don’t know why but although I try to play cool and be relaxed I am not really relaxed. Hectic job, two kids, etc just don’t let me be relaxed. I have to play so many roles at the same time, be a professional woman, mother of two boys, wife to a not very easy husband, daughter to a mother (that although helps me a lot but I have to take care of her personal stuff, like Dr appointments, insurance renewal, bank stuff, etc) and sister to a broke divorced brother who needs help and support too!! I have lost 9 pounds (almost 4 kg ) in 5 months without trying to lose any weight! This is not bad but shows that I am under stress! Hopefully an extra ear like a therapist can help me to go through this stage; I know this too shall pass!
-If you like to watch a good movie I recommend the Reader! It was kind of sad but it was a good movie.
-I hope everyone has started a very good Persian New Year!
Obama’s Message for Iranians for New Year was impressive although some people believe Iranian government does not deserve it and he should have not done that but I admire him for his good intensions.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most Important thing about seeing a therapist : Make sure he is highly competent.Otherwise it could be counter productive.I once saw a therapist who literally laughed in my face and said the usual unhelpful nonsense like : U dont have any problem. Its just ur imagination. Jeez i cudnt believe how he got a degree..

10:52 PM

 
Blogger Nene said...

seeing a therapyst is a great idea azizam... i am still seeing my therapyst and she always helps me and gives me directions and those stuff, and i am kind of addicted to her somehow! be paitient andi hope everything willl be alright
happy new year khanoom and happy 13bedar

9:57 AM

 
Blogger Ahmad said...

Hi Ocean
I hope you are feeling
better soon and I pray you
and your family have a great year.

10:28 PM

 
Anonymous Mayra said...

Hi Ocean

I mentioned in my comment last time that you are perfect with those challenging stuffs that you are working on. I really applaud you azizam. Sometime happens in our life having lots of things to do without having enough time or help and it's not easy to handle it. For sure is not possible to work more than ability and energy or overload the whole time. I think it's better to try making a light job list and see a good therapist. Wish you, stress less and relax more.
Take care

6:44 AM

 
Anonymous beam said...

Hi Dear,
I'm trying to remember some sayings that I suppose you know better, just to remind:

every time you are tired of your job rememeber that you are enough lucky not to be unemployed!

whenever you are too involved with your kids, thank God for their health and existing,

every moment you think about your responsibity for your mum, be happy that she is there, near you,

And thank God that your brother & husband have such a jewellery!

I admire you,
after all,... being a woman like you is appreciative.

11:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home