Friday, February 27, 2009

New Project

I have started working on new big project that I mentioned before. Our division has brought a team of consultants from Microsoft to build and set up the new environment and train us to build and develop the project. The scope of this project is very vast. I have never worked on a project as big as this before. I am kind of nervous. For example today we had our first meeting with Microsoft team, they were using some terminologies that did not sound familiar (some of those abbreviations) for me in the beginning, but when I came back to my desk and researched them I realized the things that they were talking about we are actually doing or using them but when they use those terms sometime is hard to understand what they exactly mean by the term at the moment. I think I have to work on my technical vocabulary!! I am a hand on person who does the actual work not really the meeting person who knows all the buzz words. That’s why I was bit of nervous in the meeting; I did not want to look dumb! I know when it gets to the point that we do the actual work I will do better but now that we are gathering and transferring information I am nervous and I don’t want to make mistake. This is a big job and I hope it goes well. Our work reputation will depend on the outcome of this project and that is scary. Another thing is that we are not a big team but the job is big!! So I hope we can deliver what we are expected to in a timely manner. Any way the whole new team, new project is overwhelming for me! I will learn lots of new stuff and it is a good opportunity but I know that it will be hectic too. Is it really better to be low key and do easy stuff and be relaxed or be under spot light and do big things and get credit?! If we get credit!!
Wish me luck!!!!!!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, wish you luck in your new project. I would say, your job is perfect..you don't have to do the same thing every morning till evening then become bored after 2 years like most of the people at work. Via this job you are learning a lot or somehow you need to learn for keeping on, this is really great. Try to be relaxed and concentrate on your part as much as you can. I'm sure you will get use to be in the meeting without any stress earlier than you expect it and you understand what they are talking about during the meeting. By the way some people used to speak well but they can just speak nothing else.
And the end don't forget this:
No pain, No gain

Good Luck and keep on :)

6:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish you luck, dear,...

10:17 AM

 
Blogger Ahmad said...

Hi Ocean
I truly hope you luck in new project and wish you the best.
Have you ever heard about the smallest school in the World,If No
you can see: WWW.dayyertashbad.blogfa.com

Take Care

9:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Age be khodet etminan dashte bashi hatman movafagh mishi.
Inke karerahat bokoni va relax bashi ya baraxesh ham bastegi be roohie adama dare ke chejori rahataran.

11:40 PM

 
Blogger Jan said...

Hi Ocean, thanks for your comments on my posts.
It's amazing that you can cope with so much at the same time, your work, your family, your brother, the economy.
Mayra wrote -no pain, no gain-, I add -no guts, no glory-.
And Ocean, you certainly got the guts and the brains to glorify in life.
Take care,

3:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh that’s sounds very cool... i am dying to get a challenging project... i wish you and your team best of luck,,, btw most companies have those abbreviations that they are the only ones using them so you better ask them those terms in the meeting so in case you wanted to ask something and if you have any suggestions you give it to them right away! but other than that I’m so happy for you to start this big one that you were waiting for it and good luck doostam

2:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

goodluck honey .. Just relax and be strong.. OK.. STRONG !!
I Wish .!!

1:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for your nice comment. :)
If you are in Facebook then you can see some photos. But otherwise I can send the photos to you. They were not very special thing. :)
again thank you azizam..

9:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home