Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

-Tomorrow is Christmas and majority of people are celebrating it here in US. For some reason I feel it more than every year and I pray for all the families to be able to provide at least minimum joy for their kids. I tried to help a little bit more than previous years. I was thinking to donate some money or food to the food bank the other day (that is an organization that provides food to poor people and I heard in news that they have provided several times more food to poor people this year than every other year) but got caught up in other things and postponed to later but yesterday I got an email from Micelle Obama ( I am in the email list of Democratic party and also Obama Campaign. Most probably these emails are not written directly by President or First lady, their team sends them out for them) that was asking to donate to food bank and had written the link to donations in the email too. I thought now that First lady asked me to donate, I have to donate. It is so interesting that they are in touch with people like that. I don’t think other presidents, First ladies or their teams would send emails to their supports! This is another amazing thing about Obama. Right before the election speech I had an email from Obama, Thanking me to be his supporter! I know that he sent a generic email to all the supporters that was signed up to his campaign but that is a great idea to send emails like that under his name. I receive emails from his team almost every week with new updates about his plan and Cabinet. I think he is really different from other presidents that US has had so far!

-I finished the first phase of my important project yesterday and it was demonstrated to our CIO (Chief Information Officer). He loved it. He stopped at my desk and gave me a box of candy and thanked me for he good job! I was speechless! I did not expect him to bring me candy and thanking me in person! I hope other phases go well and I stay in his good list!

-The highlights of 2008 for me are as follows:
1-Having my beautiful baby
2-Obama got elected
3-Still having job!
4-Feel more grown up and mature! I have learned to forgive more and let go more!

Merry Christmas and I wish every one a wonderful new year full of helth, peace and prosperity.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy new year ocean jan :) wish u the best my dear friend and thanks for your nice comments :*

5:18 AM

 
Blogger Nene said...

merry christmas azizam,,, i wish you and your family health wealth and happiniess love you enjoy the holiday

12:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot Ocean jan. Best wishes for Happy holidays and a magnificent New Year. ...

4:24 AM

 
Blogger Jan said...

Hi Ocean,
This is a great letter to all your reader. Actually it's a feel good letter, or entry on your blog.
Feel good because you succeeded to let me smile reading your post.(that's at least one person)
You succeeded to write down the positive atmosphere of the president elected Obama-campaign in your post. It's great how Obama uses the media/Internet to keep in touch with his voters/supporters (I can't imagine a supporter doesn't vote for him). Even it's great that he accepts the phenomenon -food bank- and uses it to create unity among the citizen.

In Holland we got food banks too and recently much publicity was made by a popular singer who lived for a month on a minimum wage with his well known wife and children. His daily life was broadcasted on prime time. (I realize their are some simmilarities, but our singer ain't president)

Your resume of your 2008 highlights match your resolutions perfectly. :)
Time told you that having 2 kids can be done? I'm glad for you and your family that everything is so positive.

Take care

10:02 AM

 
Blogger Ocean said...

Thank you Jan for your nice words. I am so happy to have such a virtual friend like.

5:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

man fekr mikonam khoob siasati dare in aghaye Obama ke midone chekar kone to dele mardom ja baz kone.be nazare man ide khoobie.

2:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home