Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Obama Won!!!!

Yes! Obama won!!
I was so excited and at the same time worried yesterday. Although I knew in my heart that he would win but I was scared that things would change at the end. I was following up news all the time yesterday and when CNN reporter announced that Obama is the elected president I cried like lots of Americans. He well deserves it and it proved to me that this country is indeed a unique country and everything is possible in this land of opportunity. This was a great lesson for the whole world and showed people can step over racism, prejudice etc and make the right choice. When John McCain congratulated Obama and wished him luck and said “you are my president now” I was so impressed and that showed me the dept of democracy in this country. This is so valuable. People are united and everyone is back to normal life including democrats, republicans and independents. The thing that matters now is the plans that president follows and efforts that he will make to get things done.
I got chilled several times yesterday during the news announcements and one of the chills was when they were showing Kenya and how they were celebrating. Tomorrow they have a national holiday to celebrate this victory for a man that has roots in their country!
Another shivering moment was Obama’s speech and when he pointed that the 106 years black old lady from Atlanta voted. She remembered the days that black did not even have the rights to vote and now people were voting for a black person.
Congratulations to everyone who wanted Obama to win!
Good luck to him and good luck to the whole world!!!!!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Nene said...

It was so amazing .... I was also crying when they announce he elected, when he gave his speech ,when he introduced the first lady,,,
he is smart and i wish him bests of luck

10:11 PM

 
Blogger Jan said...

Hi Ocean,
Yes, it's a good thing that Obama won and is the elected president.
In Europe we saw the joy and happiness among the Obama voters. It's incredible how one man can make a difference. Obama has a lot of work to do, but let first finish Bush his work. January 20 will be the day he can clean the mess of 8 years bush. I think that won't be easy. He'll lose some credits because not everything might succeed.

After Bush the new president is appeasing. I hope he'll accept criticism on his policies and will do something with criticism. Barack Obama is smart enough to find a way to use it in a positive way.
Hopefully the transition goes well and the staff he gathers around him will be the top.

I can't wait to see what's becoming of the world. Maybe that's hope?

If you compare the American republic with the Dutch monarchy than you miss a king/queen at the top of the pyramid.
You just chose your royal family on November 4 and that praiseworthy.
The Dutch can't choose their Royal family but if there happens something it unites the nation.
(The marriage between our Crown Prince and Maxima from Argentina for instance)

take care,
Jan

1:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I woke up on Wednesday morning and wanted to take shower, accidentally I saw my floor mate, she is from America, and instead of saying morning she said President Obama. she hadn't slept and followed up the news on the internet. Yesterday I was in the train and I saw a picture of two black women who were crying suddenly I realized that I'm crying too. I'm happy and wish him the best and bright future.

3:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man vaghti shenidam ke obama raees jomhoor shod kheili khoshhal shodam nemidonam yejorae azash khosham miad delneshine.

10:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home