Monday, August 18, 2008

My Kids

-Today is my older son’s last day at his preschool. He will start Kindergarten on next Monday. Here in US, Kindergarten is the grade before the first grade and is mandatory. Kids start Kindergarten at 5 years old. I remember at our time most of the kids would go just straight to first grade without any preschool or Kindergarten participation, I had gone to preschool and I remember it very well, it was a French school in Isphahan (we used to live in Isphahan for few years because of my dad’s job). Any way kids are a lot more knowledgeable these days. My son can read all the alphabets and some words already, he can write his own name, my name and his dad’s name. He can count to 100 and can read all the numbers!! He already knows about basic scientific subjects like animal’s categories, volcanoes, etc. If these kids don’t get wasted, they can reach really high levels of education! I hope that he will stay in right track! We are taking off the rest of the week to spend time with him so he has some fun before starting school. We are planning to go to Disneyland on Wednesday, just three of us and will leave the baby home with my Mom. I am as excited as my son. I love Disneyland!!!!!!!!!

-Baby is getting bigger now, he is teething and sometimes is very uneasy and frustrated, poor thing! He is so cute though, when I took him for his six months check up last week, as soon as his doctor saw him, he said” Are you the most handsome? You should become a movie star”!!

-Bill Maher (a very famous comedian that I have written about him here before) is coming to San Diego on Sunday night and I bought (pricy!!) tickets to go to his show. I am a big fan of him and am so excited to go to his show. I will write about it here.
I wish every one’s life as fun and happy as Disneyland!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Arsh said...

Fun lady fun times!
Disney land and Bill Mahar!
Have tons of fun.

4:43 PM

 
Blogger Ahmad said...

Hi Ocean
I wish your son successful in
Kindergarten and have a good time
in Disneyland.

12:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home