Monday, July 07, 2008

Single or Married?

-I have a friend that I have written about her here before. She is my best friend. I don’t know that we are still best friends or just old friends. We know each other from 5th grade and we were so close when we were both in Iran, she was the first one to move to US and then I moved two years later. She got married first also. She lives one hour away from San Diego in Orange County. When I moved to US we were both very happy and kept our friendship close. When I got married we tried to make our husbands friends so we could hang out more. My husband is pretty friendly so we could hang out as couples as well but after five years of marriage she got divorced about five years ago and after that she had a single life style and found new single friends so she could have fun with them. I have been happy for her to be able to run her life happily after divorce. Obviously we don’t see each other as much because I am married and have two kids and am very busy and worst of all we live one hour away from each other. Even this one hour trip makes it harder to see each other but we are always in touch and see each other whenever we can.
In these last 5 years she has been dating different guys but none of those relationships ended to marriage. I was talking to her the other day and she was telling me that she is very happy as a single person and does not feel like getting married. She goes out with her single friends almost every weekend and they are going to south France in August.
I have to confess that I was jealous. I was thinking to myself that when was the last time that I went out to party and have fun. Recently we just go out as a family and with two kids it can be very challenging! I feel like I don’t have personal fun. I enjoy my kids a lot and am happy to have them and spend time with them but I miss going out and having fun. I know you say so why don’t you go out sometime? Because I get so tired of the outside work and home work that by the time that is Saturday night don’t have energy to go out. For example we wanted to go out for a dinner or movie last Saturday but I had tons of laundry and other works to do so by the time that was evening I was so tired that I did not feel like going out. My husband is not as helpful as he can be. I need to remind him all the time to help more! And sometimes I get tired of these reminding!! Any way Sometimes I think may be staying single and live the life all on our own is more fun and is a lot easier. I get lots of love from my kids and don’t trade them for the world but what about me and my young days that are passing by so fast? My mom says you have family and kids, when you get older you have two sons and that will be joyful, imagine if you be only when you are old! But in a world like US they will leave the house and will go to other states for education or work and I will see them may be once or twice a year, they won’t fill my loneliness when I am old! If we will end up being alone when we are old, isn’t it better to at least be single and enjoy our life when we are young without too much responsibility and hard work?
I know that I don’t like to be single and personally I am a family person so I should be happy to have my own family and try to have fun every now and then and don’t compare myself with my single friend! But sometimes especially when I am tired I cannot stop that kind of comparison!!!!!!!!!!
-By the way my mother-in-law is staying with us since last week until at least mid August! She is in process of becoming US citizen and is waiting for her swearing ceremony! I am very patient about it; she is more helpful than before and is appreciating me more because my other sister-in-law treated her really bad when she stayed with them for a while. I feel sorry for her. She has been waiting for her citizenship process in last few months and she has been back and forth to her son’s houses. She could rent a place temporarily but she is a little bit stingy for that!! But I am trying my best to be nice and understanding.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ahmad said...

Hi Ocean
thank you so much for your comment
when I was Mecca I praied for you
and other virtual friends.

Take Care
Ashkavand

10:07 PM

 
Blogger Nene said...

Hi ocean joon...I think each of these twi stages are different, when you are married you have that special someone (husband or wife)next to you who you can depond on and live and built your life with, and your goals are much more and its not only included you, its more chalanginga for sure and may be you should sacrify your own private funs!but try to create those funs. i know its chalanging with 2 kids but try to have some date nights with your husband, go out for drinks and have fun together, it doesnt have to be every weekend do it once a month and try not to make yourself tired that day, just enjoy that one day for yourself....its funny when you are single you want to be married and when you are married you miss your singlehoood

8:16 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Ocean! you wrote these notes that I always think about them and they don't let me to decide about marriage even with my love..I can not be sure about my thought about my future. all the time I'm afraid of being regreting.
Hummmm

5:51 AM

 
Blogger Alireza said...

I read your composition! I think each one of them, single or married, have their own consequences! I think you should see what you'd prefer: single-hood or couple-hood!
I think children are big responsibility and difficult to ignore them for any reason! keep up the good work:)

7:02 AM

 
Blogger Arsh said...

Hey lady,
You have a different life style and I'm sure you appreciate it. But here, seriously, I'm sure if you were single you would like to have a husband and a sweet family (the same as the one you already have). It's just our nature to want what we don't have.
Keep smiling my friend.

4:57 PM

 
Blogger mandy777 said...

Hi Ocean,

It's great to let the emotions out. I also had my first child and my mother in law came for 5 months!!!!!!!! It was tough at first but gradually I coped with it and it all went well. I didn't care much about my privacy but mainly that my husband praised her a lot for things that my father in law did during the day and helped her out. Sort of like cheating. My husband thought she did everything on her own. Now I can not do what they did together and also have a newborn to take care of if you know what I'm talking about. It is so tough on me now and my husband works full time and expects me to do all the housework etc perfectly and I am really tired... I don't know I feel like my energy is drained somehow.

3:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home