Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Good book

- I am going back to work on May 5th! I am happy and sad! Some how I miss working, being at home although I keep myself busy with the baby and other stuff makes me depressed sometimes. But on the other side I miss being with my baby. We always miss something in life no matter what we choose. My husband told me that if i want to quit my job he is going to support my decision we just need to limit ourselves financially but I like my job and if I quit it now, that would almost be impossible to find such a good job in 2 or 3 years again, so I am going back to work but will try to talk to my boss so I can cut some hours at work and work from home sometimes. I should see what happenes.

-I am reading a new book, New earth, which is an Oprah book club recommended book, and Oprah has live sessions about it on her web site. That is such an interesting book, I am enjoying it a lot. As she says it herself it can change you if you are ready for a change! It can change our perspective of life, but the thing with these kind of books is that we change temporarily but after a while we forget about the lesson and we go back to our bad habits. I think I myself need lot of practice. I have to make myself remembering the valued points like living in present all the time!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Arsh said...

Akhey back to work in less than a month. Your post reminded me of this quote: "For everything you have missed, you have gained something else."

Cheers,

8:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ocean

my suggestion ,a part-time work
for you is a very good.

Take Care
Ahma- Ashkavand

6:44 AM

 
Blogger Jan said...

It's good that your husband will support your decision. But make sure it is your decision, that you want it.

Probably the USA is in recession now and most analysts believe it is a mild one, but what if it isn't? You got a more or less secured job now and if you quit it you got nothing.

In times of financial dicipline you can use your salary. Don't forget your own selfesteem as a working mother of 2!

What Ahma said is very popular here in Holland..mothers work often part-time. 24 to 32 hours a week.

May 5th is our national liberation day (WW2), what about your personal liberation? Maybe it's good to negotiate with your boss about part-time work.

By the way, how is your mother doing?

Take care

7:30 AM

 
Blogger Nene said...

i heard this book is really good! i should have bought it today! good muck on coming back to work ,,, i am sure you and boys will adjust your self to the new situation very fast

8:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home