Friday, July 25, 2008

Sad news && Persepolis

-The first news that I saw this Morning on MSN.com was the death of Randy Pausch! He was a computer science professor who gave an amazing speech “last lecture” to his students last year and millions of people worldwide watched it on Internet. “A dying man gave speech about how to live”.
He appeared on some TV shows like Oprah and there is a book named last speech about him as well. He was diagnosed with cancer and doctors had told him he would live up to six months before he gave this speech. He was a father of three kids. May be most of you already watched and listened to his speech and I am sure that you were amazed by that. How one person can be so smart, positive and wise at the same time and it is so sad that he had such a short life. Reading the news of his death broke my heart. I truly wish blessing and patience for his family. It must be very hard for his wife and his kids to get over such a loss! I think no man ever can replace him for his wife. If you have not watched his speech here is a link to it:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo
In part of his speech he says: “We can’t change the cards but we should see how we can play it right” (may be this is not the same exact sentence but meaning is right).
-My husband was scheduled for some checkups and procedures (he is fine just wanted to do some extra checkups) that needed him to be unconscious for an hour this morning. After waking up from the sedation he could not drive so I took off from work and accompanied him to the Clinique. The first magazine that caught both of us eyes was this month’s National geographic with the cover of Persepolis pictures and article about Iran. My husband said: “we have to buy the magazine and keep it”. I read the whole article while I was waiting for my husband. I got shiver several times when the article was describing about glorious days of Iran and how Persia was the first super power of the world. The Article describes how great Cyrus started the kingdom with peace and eliminated discrimination and freed all the Jews who were captivated as slaves. It says also how we were the first civilization who believed in only one god and when Arabs attacked Iran they were forcing us to believe in what we already had believed for more than one thousand year!!!!!!!! It talks about how Arabs, Mongols and others occupy Iran and how we saved our language and some of our culture through all these attacks. I was emotional and sad. No matter how happy and successful you are as an immigrant you always miss your roots and origins. The land that you left behind always attracts you and anything about it makes you concerned and gives you shiver unless you have completely cut the cord from your past and deny your true identity! I never read such a good article about Iran in any western magazine before. Iranians really need this. Iran is not just a third world country with an idiot president who does not know Sh??t about anything! There is a 2500 civilization behind it that is like a fire under the ash and a good wind can blow to the fire and bring it up again. I pray for that day.
Any way after finishing the article and looking at the beautiful pictures I thought that I have to buy the magazine as my husband said. When I went back to the office I got an email from my ex-colleague and always sweet friend that she had seen the magazine and thought of me so she bought it for me and now she needed my office address to send it to me!!!!!!!!!! Isn’t it something amazing? She is so sweet and I really appreciate her friendship. She is the only person that knows me in person and I gave her my blog address so she could read it! I think our souls are somehow connected!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today your post was really amazing.
I prey for Iran as well....

7:15 AM

 
Blogger Ahmad said...

Hi Ocean

Thank a lot for your comment
I am agree with you about Iran
and Iranian.
I hope something gets better.

2:07 AM

 
Blogger Jan said...

Hi Ocean, I heard about an earthquake in the San Diego area. I hope everything is okay with you and your fanmily.

take care,
Jan

12:04 PM

 
Blogger Nene said...

mersi ocean jooon az lotfet,,,did you feel the earthquake? it was scray

7:27 AM

 
Blogger Arsh said...

Cool, I mean about your friend who bought you the magazine that you were thinkin about!


Have a nice week lady.

10:51 AM

 
Blogger Nene said...

thanks ocean joonam for the good luck,,, i just try to be bikhial and not let things bother me as much as i can,,, :)

9:23 PM

 
Blogger Nene said...

thanks ocean joonam for the good luck,,, i just try to be bikhial and not let things bother me as much as i can,,, :)

9:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home