Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tough day!

-I am having hard days these days. My son has become very difficult again. Every couple months or sometimes weeks he should put me through hell! Last week was spring break and right before that he started complaining in school that he was sick and he wanted to go home so on the Thursday and Friday before spring break we ended up picking him up in the morning. He was not sick, he just wanted to come home and this is first time we had such an issue with him. I had signed him up for 3 days to a day camp so he could have fun and learn new things in spring break week. He went first day and refused to go for the next two days and I did not want to push him. He stayed home with my Mom and his little brother. Yesterday Morning he started crying very hard and begged us not to go to school just for yesterday. I knew if he would go to school they would call us later to come and pick him up again so we kept him home again but he promised that he would go today. I took him to school myself (usually his dad takes him in the Morning and I pick him up in the afternoon) and he was crying again. I talked to the teacher and she said since he got in to trouble because he did something bad and they were strict with him may be that is why he does not want to go to school. I tried to talk to him and find out what really bothers him but he just does not say it. I talked to the therapist and she said kids go through separation anxiety between 4 to 6 years old and that can be normal. He has been going to preschool since he was 2 years old and we never had this issue with him before. He never refused to go to school. Any way there is lots of pressure on me. He is my number one first source of stress. I thank god that he is healthy and smart but he is such a difficult child. I am worried that he gets worse when he grows older. I have been trying to follow psychological advises and I always read books and articles about kids and how to raise them but it seems that we have done mistakes in our parenting and we have a difficult child. I have to be always worried when I see an email from his teacher. As soon as I see it in my inbox, I tell to myself now what again?
I wish we could have control over our kids’ brain! I wish I could program him like the softwares that I program every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-I met with the Therapist that I talked about it before. She was telling me that I should make some time for myself she believed that I put everyone a head of me in life. She said that I need to have some personal fun, some time alone just for myself; otherwise I won’t be able to function in near future! She said “you have too much on your plate!!” I am trying to do something for myself but not got a chance since last week that I saw her. I have to d something this week, something for me! Before I go to her for my next appointment!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ahmad said...

سلام
من توصیه می کنم
خاطرات خوب وشاد دوران مدرسه خودتان را برای پسرتان بازگو نمایید و از معلم های دوران مدرسه خودتان به نیکی یاد کنید تا در این مقطع باعث
ارتقاء روحیه ودلگرمی بچه و در نهایت جذب محیط مدرسه گردد.
که امیدوارم مشکل برطرف گردد.

10:50 PM

 
Blogger Nene said...

azizam salam...I hope everything gets better soon... i think if possible, get some day off and spend more time with him even stay in school with him may be this way he gets back to his normal routin...
btw thanks for your kind comments:) tehy are always inspired me booos

10:23 AM

 
Anonymous Deep Blue Sea said...

Did u look at the possibility of him being bullied by someone at school or something ? And also probably putting him in a school where there are persian background kids in his class. Otherwise he may feel like an odd man out.. He wil probabaly need more time to blend into the foreign culture.

8:31 PM

 
Anonymous Mayra said...

Ocean Aziz your son stories remind me my nephew. He had exactly this case, every morning he had a new news and didn't want to go to school and so on. Now he is 23 and has his own story again. But when we ask him about those days now, he explains that he has some problems with his teacher and some his classmates in the first class at elementary school and therefor he refused the school...
I had this experience when I was in first class, I didn't like to go to school because all the time I was missing my mother. But now I know what was my problem, I had a phobia and that was missing my mother. I don't know why but I bothered a lot. You are doing well I mean talking with your therapist about your son and I think if you go more to school with him maybe you can find the real reason.
Good luck and take care

4:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home