Sunday, August 28, 2005

A Sad Day at work

Friday was a very tragic day at work.
I have a co-worker who is really a nice girl very strong and positive. She has two daughters and had a little boy. Two years ago she got pregnant without any plan anyway she delivered a pre-mature baby who had not fully grown and had longs problem and some other problems too. She used to take him to doctors all the time and the little poor thing even had a surgery too, but he was doing better and even started to walk and mumble words recently. She was happy and hopeful, every time we would talk about him I all the time would give her lots of hope that he would be fine and so forth.
She told me last week that he should get another surgery to fix some problems with his ears and she was hopeful that it would help him a lot.

On Friday I heard my boss talking to some one on the phone very nervously and asking the other person if she was sure that the baby is already passed a way!
Any way soon after her phone call, she called us all to her office and let us know that the little boy was passed a way. My Co-worker had got up in morning to pick up the kid and saw that he was cold. He had been fine the night before!

I started crying, I could not stop myself, since I have a little boy I know the feeling. I know how awful she must have been feeling at that moment and how difficult it is to lose a child. I am truly sorry for her; I saw how hard she was trying to save the child and make his life better and easier. May be this was better for him to be more restful this way but it is very difficult for the parents to believe it and accept it. It was such a sad day and I have been thinking about her all weekend. I wish her lots of patience and strength to pass this stage. I know that is so hard!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Take care Ocean, and talk about it. I mean don't put it away. Talk about it with your husband.

See you,
Jan

2:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home