Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Cunning wish

Last couple of days has been just ordinary days for me. Nothing special has happened.

My husband’s best friend who moved to our city from LA and I talked about him and his family before, had gone to Iran for visiting, he came back last week.
He has not been able to find job here yet. The very big mistake that he made was to move to a new city first then start to look for job!! Any way since he is back from Iran, he is talking to move to Iran! His wife seems to be interested in moving to Iran too. All of their immediate family live there. I don’t know if they decide to go back is a wise choice or not for them. They both have been living in US over 20 years. It won’t be easy to adjust to Iran system again, which is very different from here.

The thing is since they have brought up that there is a possibility for them to move there I kind of became happy which is kind of cunning but I feel that they are not good influence for my husband and for our marriage. As I talked about it before they heavily drink and I think the wife is already alcoholic! When I say alcoholic I refer to the rule that says if some one drinks alcohol three times a week every week is alcoholic. Some people think alcoholic is the one that drinks all day a long! Any way I really don’t feel comfortable being around them so often, but my husband likes his friend a lot, which I understand, and he likes to see them very often! So I hope if it is a good thing for them they move to Iran and resolve this new issue for me.

It is amazing that when you get married there are so many things that can have impact on your marriage that you don’t even imagine as a single. I think in lots of marriages the people around the couple can have a very important role in the relationship including good or bad role! May be a very wise person never gets married and enjoy her/his single life without so many unnecessary headaches!! But I love my husband and my son and am not regretting my marriage but some times there are little clouds in our little sky!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Hi Ocean, in this open letter you point out the difficulty immigrants face when they are away for so long.
The old country isn't the same anymore and if it was the got to adapt to cause many customs of the new country have become a new habit. It's clear that immigrants can easily fall in the gap between 2 cultures.
It's clear that he first should have a job and then to move. I also found a job, commuter-ed for a while and then moved to the city where I work.

Why is it a bad influence for you a your husband? Are you afraid that your family is not completely rooted in the US.
The situation of your husbands friend could be a reflection how things shouldn't be taken care of. Learn from it because also after 20 years in the US you can think about returning at a moment the Iran-US relations turn grey.

Ocean, I wish you a lot of wisdom and take care of your husband and son.

greetz,
Jan

2:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home