Thursday, September 01, 2005

Sad day

Today we went for the ceremony and funeral of the little boy that has passed a way (my co-worker’s son). It was very sad and I cried a lot, may be more than the closer relatives! when they were burring the little boy I felt that some one is stabbing my heart. I was so sad, at the same moment I remembered my own fathers funeral, I did not go to any burial after my father passed a way. I would just go for the ceremony but this time was different I wanted to show my support and care for my co-worker. It was nice that even our director and chief came to the funeral. I am sure that means a lot to my co-worker.

I was amazed that how quietly they were mourning, no loud cry no screaming. Comparing to our funerals it was too quite. Of course they would cry quietly but you would not hear any loud cry or any thing like that. My co-worker and her husband are both from Philippines I guess their culture like western people is to hold the sorrow and they are more quite than us. If you go to a Persian funeral you see lots of loud cries, some times screams and loud talking with the dead person. I believe some times it’s too much but may be helps the people to spit out their sorrow and feel better.

Just imagine last Thursday the little boy was fine and my co-worker was at work not knowing that she would have funeral for her son the following week. We really don’t know what happens tomorrow and we get so involved with two many stupid details in life, things that are worth less to think about but we never get our lesson we go back to the same routine and attach to materialism and forget that life is too short to waste it for nothing!

Just believing in god and next life can give some meaning to the reason of life, I really wonder why all these things happen, why a little boy should come to this world and then die so soon? What can be the reason behind it? God is beyond every thing and his decisions are apparently beyond our little logics!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi dear ocean
I’m so happy to have a friend like u, u r so kind, thanks for ur comments. And I’m sorry for co-worker. (khoda gar ze hekmat be bandad dari ze rahmat goshayad dare digari). Take care yourself
I’m going to change my job, I want to talk about it for u. I leave it for next time.
Bye

11:52 PM

 
Blogger Jan said...

ocean, whish you all the best. Hopefully your co worker can count on you,

Jan

1:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home