Saturday, September 12, 2009

9-11

Eight years ago when I was driving to my work, right at 6:40 am I opened the Persian radio in the car and heard about 9-11 attack. I could not believe my ear. That day was one year anniversary of my job at the company that I was working for. It was company’s tradition to call all the employees to that big back yard and announce work service anniversaries. Our company was not doing very well financially, although it was a big corporation and we all knew that they were struggling but nobody would think that there would be layoffs. Any way as soon as I got to work, we all were called to gather in the back yard. We thought that they wanted to talk about 9-11 attack but the president of company announced that there would be %10 employee lay off on that day. I was one of the people that got laid off because was with company not so long. I remember that I was very upset, one minute I would think about 9-11 attack and another minute would think of my lay off. I was shocked and very disappointed. The layoff was a good thing for me because I ended up getting a better job, but 9-11 was not a good thing for the whole world and we are all still suffering from that event. That changed the history and lots of other things. There are lots of theories behind that event and people analyze that evil event in different ways.
It is so sad that we human beings make the world worse and worse every day. We are destroying ourselves, our earth and future generations as well. What can really change us? May be more equality in the quality of our lives, more education and being less greedy can help a lot!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ahmad said...

Hi Ocean
that day, I think I was in the company that
I work in and became very sad.
I think ethics and cultures enrichment can help to change worlds us.

Take Care

11:41 PM

 
Blogger Nene said...

i remember that day too, i remember my lanlord telling me not to go to school because of this thing happened and i remember i didint listen to her because i thought here again she is just making a big deal of something! i had calculus exam that day and i remember our instructor gave us that exam!!! everyone one was there except a lebeniese guy who told me later his dad didnt let him come out of the house that day! but yeah i remember my uncle and my friend laid off at that time and i remember in every class we had discussion about 9/11... youre right many things change after that, sadly

8:32 PM

 
Anonymous Mayra said...

Hi Ocean
I remember that day, I was in one of my best friends wedding party. I was back home and saw my father has sat in front of the TV and is somehow shocked of this news. That night I didn't feel the deep of this issue but later on I found out what happened..?

12:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home