Friday, December 10, 2004

Christmas

I cannot believe this year is very close to end. This was the fastest year ever for me.
I guess when we get older (specially after 30), years pass faster and faster, like time is in a constant competition with us all the time. Sometimes I can not believe that I am 31 years old woman who is wife, mother and has social roles as well. I feel it was just yesterday that I was a little girl who was so eager to see his father because he always had something very unique and interesting for her. My dad used to go to lots of business trips and every time he came back he would surprise me with a new toy, something that none of my friends would have even my very rich cousins. I used to be so proud of it.

My dad passed a way when I was 18 years old, I think I became adult when I faced that my first real disaster of life. It was so sudden and shocking. I always miss him in my heart. I did not mean to write about him today, I just wanted to write about time and holiday season but something leaded me to that direction. That thing is my missing feeling for him, that’s funny I still envy people that their fathers are alive! I wish mine was alive too.I think we need our parents and their love and attention as long as we live.

Ok, let’s stop crying and continue the main subject. I love Christmas, although it is not our custom but I really enjoy this holiday season and all of its lights, colors and happiness. The only thing is I feel bad for poor people and lonely people. This season should be very painful for them.

There was a station to collect toys for little kids this morning in front of my office building. I went to the toys store in front of our office at my lunch break and bought a Barbe doll and a red truck for a girl and a boy. I gave it to the nice and polite soldiers that were collecting the toys. I hope that brings smile to two little faces!

I don’t like to show off or talk about something may be good that I have done but I look at my weblog as my online diary and my only reader is Jan, who I assume as a friend of mine! Who won’t judge me for it!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Hi Ocean, I'm sorry that your dad died so suddenly. It's shocking I know. That he died without you having the opportunity to have a last talk, to ask what you always wanted to know, to say goodbye, to be with him on his final moment, that's hard and shocking.

Here in the Netherlands his royal highness Prince Bernhard passed away at an age of 93. Since 2000 he was preparing his family and close friends on his coming death because those 4 years he did a lot of things for the last time and spoke in the media about things that he wanted to put straight. So his death was an arrangement with death made long ago. Everyone knew it. So it wasn't a great shock but a sweet remembrance.

I'm sure you remember you're father as a warm personality to tell you're son about.
And Ocean, I won't judge you and if so don't be afraid being judged for writing about your life!

Keep your head up,
Jan

11:49 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://iejxptvy.com/uget/zzri.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://kspbphoy.com/dres/jlie.html]Cool site[/url]

10:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

10:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://iejxptvy.com/uget/zzri.html | http://vmhdwvoo.com/cfoz/yepl.html

10:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home